Masters of the Universe
Masters of the Universe is a 1987 science fiction and fantasy film based on the toy line of the same name. He-Man and his comrades land on Earth, discover two teenage lovers, and battle the evil Skeletor for possesion of a cosmic key.
- Directed by Gary Goddard. Written by David Odell and Stephen Tolkin. Starring Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella.
- Everything comes to he who waits... and I have waited so very long for this moment.
- He-Man lives and possesses that key. I must possess all, or I possess nothing.
- Stay where you are, He-Man! One more move and your friends will not live to see another day! I give you a choice. Return with me to Eternia as my slave and save their despicable lives, or perish with them on this primitive and tasteless planet. Surrender your sword!
- Not the way to treat you beloved ruler. Throw down your weapons or you die!
- People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe! Yes! Yes... I feel it, the power... fills me. Yes, I feel the universe within me! I am... I am a part of the cosmos! Its energy flows... flows through me. Of what consequence are you now? This planet, these people - They are nothing to me - the universe is power, pure, unstoppable power - and I am that force, I am that power! Kneel before your master... [He-Man refuses]... for you are no longer my equal, I am more than man, more than life! I am a god! Now. You... will... kneel! Kneel!
- Where are they? Where are your friends now? Tell me about the loneliess of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?
- [last lines] I'll be back!
- Evil-Lyn: Outnumbered? Outclassed is more like it.
- Blade [sword-fighting with He-Man] I've waited a long time for this!
- Detective Lubic: Nobody takes pot shots at Lubic!
- Skeletor: Your wonderous Sorceress will die!
- Man-At-Arms: You dare threaten her life?
- Skeletor: I dare anything! I am Skeletor! Throw down your weapons and pledge yourselves to me! Or you will join her!
- He-Man: It's not her you want, it me. It's always been between us.
- Skeletor: Silence!
- Evil-Lyn: After all this time, Greyskull is ours.
- Skeletor: No! Mine.
- Sorceress: The powers of Greyskull has not yet passed to you.
- Skeletor: Someone is speaking to me. Yes. Sorceress, my lovely prisoner, my prisoner at last. I've won. I've won. The darkness is rising to embrace you.
- Sorceress: The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it. You've not won yet, Skeletor. He-Man is still alive! I can feel him!
- Skeletor: Really?! How sensitive you are. Can you feel - this?
- [uses his magic to zap her strength]
- Man-At-Arms: Mmm... good food.
- Teela: I wonder why they put the meat on these little white sticks?
- Man-At-Arms: Those are rib bones.
- Teela : You mean this used to be an animal...?
- Man-At Arms: Uh-huh.
- Teela: Ugh! What a barbaric world...
- Man-At-Arms: Never thinnk while you're hungry.
- Teela: I think we've wasted enough time. We'd better get back to our sectors.
- Gwildor: It tasted good...
- Julie Winston: I wish I could change things.
- Kevin Corrigan: But you can't. That only happens in fairy tales.
- He-Man: Did you have any luck?
- Teela: [looking at Julia] Not as much as you, apparently.
- Skeletor: You are all aware of the penalty for failure.
- Blade: Give me one more chance, Lord Skeletor, and we will succeed.
- Skeletor: I am not in a giving vein this day.
- Robot: [regarding He-Man's allies] What about them, sir?
- Skeletor: Leave them alone. He-Man is my slave. As long as I let them live, he is bound by his word. Let them rot. [laughs] Let them rot.
- Skeletor: The final moment has come. All the forces of Greyskull, all the powers in the universe will be vested in me! Me! And you will cease to exist!
- Sorceress: It is not too late to undo this madness.
- Skeletor: Madness! I demand of destitution, shame, and loneliness of scorn! [speaking of the Great Eye] It is my destiny! It is my right! Nothing will deter me from it!
- Sorceress: Men who crave power look back over the mistakes of their lives. Pile them all together and call it destiny.
- Skeletor: [laughs] Thank you for that bit of philosophy, Sorceress. Here is my responce. Yes, Sorceress! The Sword of Greyskull! Mine! Now and forever! [He-Man is brought forward] Your champion.
- Skeletor: Witness this moment, He-Man! This moment where the powers of Greyskull will become mine for eternity! Our life-long battle is ending at last in the only way it could. When the Great Eye opens. The people of Eternia shall see you kneeling to me, just before you die!
- He-Man: I'll never kneel to you!
- Skeletor: Yes you will! Yes you will! Or I shall wreck unforgettable harm upon you!
- Skeletor: Where is your strength? Where has it gone? Look at you precious Sorceress, now an old crone. Weak, withering, dying. Are you ready to kneel now, proud warrior?
- Robot: The moon rises to its zenus.
- Skeletor: Do you hear? The Alpha... and the Omega... death and rebirth... and as you die, so will I be reborn!
- He-Man: You promised not to hurt them!
- Skeletor: I lied! Farewell, He-Man.
- He-Man: I have the power!
- Skeletor: You! You will no nonger stand between me and my destiny!
- He-Man: But I will! I told you that it's always between us!
- Skeletor: I ache to smash you out of existence! To drive your cursed face from my memories forever!
- He-Man: Enough talk!
- Skeletor: Yes! Let this be our final battle!
- Sorceress: Julie, keep this with you, and Eternia will always be near. [gives Julie a glowing blue crystal]
- Julie Winston: Thank you. He-Man, Teela, Man-At-Arms...
- Teela: Don't say goodbye. Say Good Journey.
- Man-At-Arms: It is an old Eternian saying. Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another.
- Julie Winston: Good Journey.
- A battle fought in the stars. Now... comes to Earth.
- The live-action motion picture.
- Only the universe could hold adventure this big!
|Courteney Cox||Julie Winston|
|Robert Duncan McNeill||Kevin Corrigan|
|Jon Cypher||Duncan (Man-At-Arms)|
|James Tolkan||Detective Lubic|
|Christine Pickles||Sorceress of Castle Grayskull|
|Anthony De Longis||Blade|