Matthew Gray Gubler
Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it.Curtis Judalet
Matthew Gray Gubler (born March 9, 1980) is an American actor, film director, sketch artist, and former fashion model.
- (about being offered the role on Criminal Minds) "I was like 'They really wanna cast me?' and they [Criminal Minds producer] were like 'yeah.' and I was like 'cool.'"
- (about the first season of Criminal Minds) "The first season of the show I convinced myself I was becoming a profiler and I would find myself watching my friends and saying 'Oh, he's not eating all that he must..' then I realize I'm not really that smart at seeing that someone has a half plate of food isn't really that much of a genius attribute."
- (his reponse to his fans pleading for his Criminal Minds character Spencer Reid to stop taking drugs) "My fans are like, 'hey Reid, you got to get off those drugs, you're just to smart for that.' And I'm like, hey, guys, don't yell at me, I don't write the stuff."
- "I never in a million years thought I would be an actor."
- (about being in the flow of things and hobbies) "I guess I'm just in the flow and riding the wave. Every two years you change hobbies and try to become successful at them."
- (about his style) "I am embarrasingly 1920s in style. I like to be in bed at 11, and I like to get 11 hours of sleep. I've been to three parties in my life and two of them with [co-star] Shemar [Moore]. He's slowly trying to wean me into [that scene.]"
- (about where he lives) "I Live in the worst part of Hollywood, in a old hotel in the 1920's really cool. But this is three times the size of my place in New York and it's awsome."
- (joking about his character) In the first episode I'm like Macaulay Culkin. I'm so young. Now I look really old and decrepit.
- (about how his Criminal Minds character, Dr. Spencer Reid's transition in the last two years) I like the fact that in just two years, from the pilot Ashes to Dust, it's not the same guy.
- (about Dr. Reid being a nerdy sex symbol as well as gaining ground with other sex symbol's McSteamy From 'Grey's Anatnomy' and Sawyer from 'Lost') "It's pretty bizarre because I was stupendously awkward-looking up until about tenth grade. I looked like a flapper from the 1920s, with the body of a troll."
- (about his fans) "I'm beyond proud and happy - I never imagined I would have one fan, and there seems to be a few. I just couldn't be happier that people seem to like what I'm doing and seem to respond to it. If they weren't there, I don't know what I'd be doing right now."
- "My hobby is doing magic tricks. I've taken magic lessons since I was five-years-old. When I was little I would wear a top hat and cape, and I'd get relentlessly beat up by jocks. That's why I don't care for sports."
- "These days I can't even walk into cafeterias without feeling self-conscious."