Mission: Impossible II
Mission: Impossible II, also known as M:I-2, is the 2000 sequel to the 1996 film Mission: Impossible. Ethan Hunt is on the job again, this time preventing the deadly virus, "Chimera" being spread and eliminating a rogue IMF agent.
- Clear the bridge for me.
- We just rolled up a snowball and tossed it into hell. Now lets see what chance it has.
- We've got 19 hours and 57 minutes. I'll get Bellerophon into your system by then. Just stay alive. I'm not going to lose you.
- [Response to Swanbeck's remark] If I let you know where I'm going, I won't be on holiday.
- And you knew that Nakorvitch's way of smuggling the virus in was through himself, using his bloodstream as a petri dish, you knew that did you. I bet you were so busy trying to knock of that 747 that you hadn't worked out what Chimera really was.[Ambrose: I knew what it was!]
- If you look at Hunt's operational history, and I have, you'll notice that he invariably favors misdirection over confrontation.
- In just a few hours you can be assured of going down in history as the typhoid Mary of Australia. G'day.
- Put a sock in it
- This is what's known as getting your gun off
- You know women, mate. Like monkeys, they are - won't let go of one branch until they've got hold of the next.
- You know, that was the hardest part about having to portray you, grinning like an idiot every fifteen minutes.
- You're sorry and I'm sorry.
- [holds up the anti-virus in front of the infected Nyah] Feel like pleading for your life?
- [Ethan approaches him with a knife] Go ahead, Hunt. Use it. It's not a bad way to go. A lot better than the way that bitch is going to die.
Mission Commander Swanbeck
- [On tape] Good morning, Mr. Hunt. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves the recovery of a stolen item designated Chimera. You may select any two team members, but it is essential that the third member of your team be Nyah Nordoff-Hall. She is a civilian, and a highly capable professional thief. You have forty-eight hours to recruit Miss Hall and meet me in Seville to receive your assignment. As always, should any member of your team be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow all knowledge of your actions. And Mr. Hunt, the next time you go on holiday, please be good enough to let us know where you're going. This message will self-destruct in five seconds. [Hunt: If I let you know where I'm going, I won't be in a holiday]
- This is not mission difficult, Mr. Hunt, it's mission impossible. Difficult should be a walk in the park for you.
- As always, should you be captured or killed, the President will disavow all knowledge of your actions.
- Well, mate, maybe this is one of those times we shouldn't follow orders.
- Luther Stickell: The satellite doesn't work as fast as I do.
- Nyah Nordolf-Hall: [having injected herself with the virus] You're not gonna shoot me Sean, not this bitch, cuz she's worth thirty seven, million pounds.
- Nyah Nordolf-Hall: I don't have a conscience. I'm a bloody thief.
- Dr. Nekhorvich: Well, Dimitri, every search for a hero must begin with something every hero needs, a villain. So in a search for our hero, Bellerophon, we have created a more effective monster: Chimera.
- Dr. Nekhorvich: Well, I've heard...
[takes off the mask to reveal it was Ethan Hunt under disguise]
- Ethan: ...all I need to hear.
- Hunt, you should have killed me!
- I don't do laundry, cook, or put up with cheeky bastards that set me up on there territory so they can poach on mine.
- However we travel, I must arrive in my destination within 20 hours of departure.
- You keep staring at that watch as if your life depended on it.
- Now there's a bloke that knows how to give a proper welcome. Don't get me wrong, mate. You were very friendly also.
- Oh I'm mad Now!
- Damn, you're beautiful
- Mission Commander Swanbeck: [After debriefing Ethan on tape about his mission]...And Mr. Hunt, the next time you go on holiday, please be good enough to let us know where you're going.
- Ethan Hunt: If I let you know where I'm going, I won't be on holiday.
- Mission Commander Swanbeck: Ms. Hall and Ambrose had a relationship which he took very seriously... she walked away and he's been wanting her back ever since. We believe he's our surest and quickest way of locating him.
- Ethan Hunt: And then what?
- Mission Commander Swanbeck: Make sure she continues to see him, gets him to confide in her, and report to you.
- Ethan Hunt: You made it sound as if I was recruiting her for her skills as a thief.
- Mission Commander Swanbeck: Well then I mislead you, or you made the wrong assumption. Either way, we are asking her to resume her prior relationship - not do anything she hasn't already done... voluntarily, I might add.
- Ethan Hunt: No. She's got no training for this kind of thing.
- Mission Commander Swanbeck: What? To go to bed with a man and lie to him? She's a woman, she's got all the training she needs.
- [About Ethan's assignment]
- Mission Commander Swanbeck:So you think it will be difficult?
- Ethan Hunt: Very.
- Mission Commander Swanbeck: Well Mr Hunt, this is Mission Impossible, not mission difficult. Difficult should be a walk in the park for you.
- Mission Commander Swanbeck: You were under specific instructions to bring back a living sample of the Chimera virus. I'd be very interested to know how, after you'd managed its recovery intact, it subsequently got destroyed.
- Ethan Hunt: By fire. That's the best way, really.
- [Luther was nearly killed by a bomb placed in his van]
- Billy Baird: You OK, mate?
- Luther Stickell: That punk put a hole in my Versace.
- Sean Ambrose: [disguised as Ethan Hunt] You keep calling me Dimitri. You really shouldn't.
- Dr. Nekhorvich: You are not Dimitri?
- [Ambrose knocks him out]
- Sean Ambrose: No
- [at the races]
- Sean Ambrose: Darling, you won!
- Nyah Nordoff-Hall: I suppose I did.
- Sean Ambrose: What made you pick her? That old nag's never won a thing.
- Nyah Nordoff-Hall: [holds up racing form] A Thief in the Night.
- Sean Ambrose: Ha! Say no more.
- [Nyah is standing right in front of Ethan]
- Luther Stickell: [over radio] Ethan, Nyah's in the building. Do you copy?
- Ethan Hunt: [dryly, into radio] Thank you.
- [during a car chase between Ethan and Nyah]
- Nyah Nordoff-Hall: Where did you get this number? I don't even have it!
- Ethan: Would you like it?
- [steps in sheep droppings]
- Luther Stickell: Shit.
- Ethan Hunt: Yes it is.
- Ethan Hunt: You turned around.
- Nyah Nordoff-Hall: What are you going to do? Spank me?
- Ethan Hunt: Don't you think we should wait a decent interval?
- Nyah Nordoff-Hall: Who wants to be decent?
- Tom Cruise - Ethan Hunt
- Anthony Hopkins - Swanbeck
- Ving Rhames - Luther Stickell
- Dougray Scott - Sean Ambrose
- Richard Roxburgh - Hugh Stamp