Every time I look into the eyes of an animal I see life; the force of life and the beauty of creationRadar O'Reilly
- I am ready to sacrifice everything in completing the unfinished agenda of our noble jihad...until there is no bloodshed in Afghanistan and Islam becomes a way of life for our people.
- God says he will never be satisfied with the infidels.
- Mullah Omar - in his own words September 2001
- All Taleban are moderate. There are two things: extremism ["ifraat", or doing something to excess] and conservatism ["tafreet", or doing something insufficiently]. So in that sense, we are all moderates - taking the middle path.
- Interview with Mullah Omar - transcript, BBC News, 15 November 2001
- I thought, these callous people have no regard for thousands of living human beings -- the Afghans who are dying of hunger, but they are so concerned about non-living objects like the Buddha. This was extremely deplorable. That is why I ordered its destruction. Had they come for humanitarian work, I would have never ordered the Buddha's destruction.