If any person wish to be idle, let them fall in love.Ovid
Monotheism is the worship of one god.
- Monotheism occupies so large a space in the view of modern minds, that it is scarcely possible to form a just estimate of the preceding phases of the theological philosophy.
- As Christianity in its beginnings was surrounded by the polytheistic beliefs and practices of the pagan world, a clear and authoritative expression of Monotheism was necessary. Hence the symbols of faith, or creeds, open with the words: "I [we] believe in God"...(APOSTLES' CREED; ATHANASIAN CREED ; NICENE CREED.)
- Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
- The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.
- Monotheism. The Catholic Encyclopedia.