Men expect that religion should cost them no pains, that happiness should drop into their laps without any design and endeavor on their part, and that, after they have done what they please while they live, God should snatch them up to heaven when they die. But though the commandments of God be not grievous, yet it is fit to let men know that they are not thus easy.John Tillotson
- The Divine is the sea. All religions are rivers leading to the sea. Some rivers wind a great deal. Why not go to the sea directly?
- Everything is God, every activity is divine, all the worlds and all the Gods are here.
- What is God? - What is not God? Everything - good and bad - is God.
- Do the practice for the sake of the Divine, not for the sake of liberation.
- If you want to see the Divine, why don't you ask Him directly?
- Both is true - God is everything and nothing.
- God is always working through you; the important thing is to become conscious and co-operate.
- Like electricity, the light is everywhere, but one must know how to activate it.
- The Paramatman Light is colorless but has every color in it and the color and the force of every light of every plane. It is everywhere and in everything.
- We have to try to reveal that Light which is hidden in us as a bud. It must blossom like a flower. In all things everywhere, in all beings, the Light is hidden, and must be revealed. If we try with all our hearts we will be successful. I want the Pamatman Light to blossom everywhere.
- Although I may be sitting here, I have my own way of traveling to other places. I know past, present, and future simultaneously, so there is no duality. Awareness is always there, so there is only the One.
- If there is fidelity and love and sincerity and devotion I will live longer. It is the same for every Avatar; the Avatar is love and is only bound by love.
- Wherever there is aspiration, I will feel happy. My work is not for one country or one race or one people only; it is for the world.
- Each Avatar can be considered as one facet of a diamond, and at the same time the whole diamond. What we see is one facet, but the whole diamond is behind it and around it.
- The force of the Mother is that She has not one great force, but all forces.
- Perfect love of the Mother is to see her face of love in everything that happens.
Meditation & Japa
- Meditate. Do japa on one of the names of the Divine, this can be done anywhere.
- Each syllable of a divine name - such as Krishna or Jesus - has vibrations which change the atmosphere.
Humility, Love, Grace
- Man must be evolved enough to be humble. He must understand that he can do nothing without the Light.
- The grace works automatically when the aspiration is sincere.
- Be like a child - clear, loving, spontaneous, infinitely flexible and ready each moment to wonder and accept miracle.
- To have spirituality is to love, aspire to, remember, surrender to the Divine.
- If you hate someone, you cannot grow, so you must change the hate into love.
- What I want is complete simplicity and complete surrender; no words, no discussions, but action.
- Offer everything to the Divine- everything good or bad, pure or impure.
- Pain becomes joy when it is offered and understood.
- Ask for everything. Do not stop at peace of mind or purity of heart or surrender.
- The visions that come from the Divine change you.
- A real vision brings adoration of the Divine, and in that adoration there can be no vanity.
- People want lectures; I give them silence.
- The power of the Divine works in the silence.
- I do not speak but my force changes people completely.
- Visions come and go. The silence remains. The silence brings continual connection, continual presence.
- The realized is like a child at peace in the womb of the Mother, knowing he is sustained at every moment by the grace and Light of the Divine Mother
- Transformation is one aspect of the process. Transcendence, union with the Divine, is the primary aim of the human being. Transformation is not the final aim - but it enables all people to attain union with God more easily.
- More will be conscious soon, many more, and then the work can be done with greater efficiency. In the meantime, enjoy the Light. It is here; let it change you. The transformation will come in its own time.
- To show the world that transformation is normal, can be done anywhere and in daily life.
- When you know you are divine you can become completely human.
- The more you go into the Light, the less your karma becomes, and when you realize yourself, it disappears.
- In the end, you and reality will be one, one music, always changing and always the same.
- There is only one real rhythm; in silence you hear it. When you live the rhythm of this silence, you become it; everything you do, you do to it.
- Remember that however extraordinary the experiences, there are always further and greater experiences.
- There is no end. One common mistake is to think that one reality is the reality. You must always be prepared to leave one reality for a greater one.
- "Even years later, I still have no explanation for what exactly occurred during those encounters with Mother Meera. What I know, though, is that since then my life has taken an unexpected but most welcome turn."
- George Feuerstein in What is Enlightenment 
- "There is nothing else I want from this life or any other than to be with Mother Meera and do Her work and be of what use to Her I can."
- Balgur Venkat Reddy, Mother Meera's uncle and discoverer
- Answers, part I - by Mother Meera, ISBN 096229733-x
- Answers, part II - by Mother Meera, ISBN 3-98054755-8
- The Mother - by Adilakshmi, ISBN 3-00-000241-3