Motivation refers to the initiation, direction, intensity and persistence of behavior. Motivation, a temporal and dynamic state, consists of the desire and willingness to do something.
- Motivation is a battle for the heart, not just an appeal to the mind. Passion is always an expression of the soul.
- Patrick Dixon, Building a Better Business (2005), p. 159
- Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.
- He that riseth late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night; while laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes him. He that lives on hope will die fasting.
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Who does the best his circumstances allow Does well, acts nobly; angels could no more.
- Become a 'possibilitarian'. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities- Always see them, for they are always there.
- When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
- Prepare your mind to receive the best that life has to offer.
- Well, then, we must cut our way out.
- If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.
- I will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth, I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words I can condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success…. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person.
- I know what to do when I have something to do.. I do what I have to do, but I never have anything to do, so I never know what to do.
- Nate Mazzara, Teleporting to Stockholm (band)
BestMotivationalQuotes.com had a collection of motivational quotes.