Mrs. Doubtfire is a 1993 film comedy about a family separated by an impeding divorce. The father takes on the job as the family housekeeper, unbenownst to his ex, who believes him to be a middle aged english woman.
- Directed by Chris Columbus.
- (After setting fake bust on fire and putting it out) Looks at me, my first day as a woman and I'm getting hot flashes.
- Carpe dentum. Seize the teeth.
- It was a run-by fruiting!
- I can hip-hop, be-bop, dance till ya drop, and yo yo, make a wicked cup of cocoa.
- Ohh thank you, dear. Yes, touch me again and I'll drown you ya bastard!
- Look, Natty. That's called liposuction.
- (Is walking across the street, then almost gets mugged. Hits mugger in the face.) (As Daniel) Back off, asshole! BEAT IT!
(As Mrs. Doubtfire.) Broke my bag, the bastard.
- You know they often say a man with a car like thats trying the compensate for smaller genitals sissy, but not in your case, cause i see that you're a strapping aren't ya.
- She's got a power tool in the bedroom (Stuart spits out his drink back in the glass). She Could break a sidewalk to that thing. Surprised she hasn't chipped her teeth.
- (Drops false teeth in drink, Stuart doubletakes and pulls a strange face). Oh (pretends to talk with no teeth)
- Upstairs, my little noseminers! Go! Flee before me! Onward and upward! Go pump some neurons. Expand your craniums.
- Ever wish you could freeze frame a moment in your day, and look at it and say "this is not my life"?
Daniel as Pudgey the Parrot: 911! 911! Police! Authorities! ASPCA! ASAP! Murder! Betrayal! Kidnap! No. BIRDNAP!!
- Chris: You don't really like wearing that stuff, do you Dad?
- Miranda: Oh my god! oh my god! The whole time? The whole time? THE WHOLE TIME?! I have to go. We have to leave now. We have to go. I have to leave. We have to leave.
- Daniel: Could you make me a woman?
- Frank: Honey, I'm so happy!
- Daniel: How about we take a vacation, take the kids, get you away from work, you'll see that you're a different person. You are. You're great.
- Miranda: But our problems would be waiting for us when we got back.
- Daniel: Well we'll move, and hopefully our problems won't follow us.
- Miranda: Daniel, please don't joke. We're far apart. We're different. We have nothing in common.
- Daniel: Sure we do. We love each other... We love each other... Don't we?
- Miranda: I want a divorce.
- Daniel: What kind of idiot kept this guy on the air of twenty-five years?
- Jonathan Lundy: Me. [offering his hand] Jonathan Lundy.
- Daniel: Jonathan Lundy, general manager, owner? Daniel Hillard, former employee.
- Mrs. Doubtfire: He was quite fond of the drink. It was the drink that killed him.
- Miranda: How awful, he was an alcoholic?
- Mrs. Doubtfire: No, he was hit by a Guinness truck, so it was quite literally the drink that killed him
- She makes dinner. She does windows. She reads bedtime stories. She's a blessing... in disguise.
- Robin Williams — Daniel Hillard/Mrs. Doubtfire
- Sally Field — Miranda Hillard
- Lisa Jakub — Lydia Hillard
- Matthew Lawrence — Christopher Hillard
- Mara Wilson — Natalie Hillard
- Pierce Brosnan — Stuart Dunmeyer
- Robert Prosky — Jonathan Lundy