There are two ways of being happy: We must either diminish our wants or augment our means—either may do—the result is the same and it is for each man to decide for himself and to do that which happens to be easier.Benjamin Franklin
- Written and directed by Michael Almereyda.
- Life is full of pain, my pain is the pain of fleeting joy.
- We have come for the body of Count Voivoida Armenios Ceauşescu Dracula. I believe there is a wooden stake in the heart. You will take us to him.
- At the morgue. And possibly a reference to Nicolae Ceauşescu the leader of communist Romania overthrown a few years earlier.
- He was like Elvis in the end. Drugged, confused, surrounded by zombies.
- Describing the Count. See wikipedia on Elvis Presley.
- He tried to change, tried to resist the usual pattern. He managed to show some restraint. But she, she died in childbirth. [...] And after that he didn't care about anything. It was back to basics.
- Nadja (holding Lucy's pet tarantula Bela): What does he eat?
- Lucy: Potatoes. Potato salad. Deer[?]. I tried to teach him French but he wasn't interested.
- Nadja: Maybe he has a learning disability.
- "Deer" is hard to hear, maybe "Beer".
- Tune in, chill out, drop dead.
- (A reference of course to turn on, tune in, drop out.)
- Unseen. Unforgiving. Undead.
- Hurry, The Dead Travel Fast!