True love grows by sacrifice and the more thoroughly the soul rejects natural satisfaction the stronger and more detached its tenderness becomes.St. Theresa of Lisieux
- Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.
- As quoted in Diamond Power : Gems of Wisdom from America's Greatest Marketer (2003) by Barry Farber, p. 53
- A goal is a dream with a deadline.
- As quoted in Diamond Power : Gems of Wisdom from America's Greatest Marketer (2003) by Barry Farber, p. 60
- Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches. Use auto-suggestion, have faith, imagination and overcome fear and time is your opposite player as in checkerboard.
- As quoted in Self-Motivation Through Risk Taking! : Are You Leading Or Do You Wither with Problems? (2005) by M. Nadarajan Munisamy
- All achievements, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea.
- As quoted in Business Or Pleasures (2006) by Joseph Ager, p. 210
Think and Grow Rich (1938)
- Any idea, plan, or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought.
- p. 54
- We are what we are, because of the vibrations of thought which we pick up and register, through the stimuli of our daily environment.
Resolve to throw off the influences of any unfortunate environment, and to build your own life to ORDER.
- p. 54
- I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore, I DEMAND of myself persistent, continuous action toward its attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action.
- p. 54
- I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects.
- p. 55
- Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.
- p. 127
- Remember, no more effort is required to aim high in life, to demand abundance and prosperity, than is required to accept misery and poverty.
- Chapter 2
The Law of Success (1937)
- The Law of Success in Sixteen Lessons : Teaching, for the First Time in the History of The World, the True Philosophy Upon Which All Personal Success Is Built
- Strong, deeply rooted desire is the starting point of all achievement. Just as the electron is the last unit of matter discernible to the scientist. DESIRE is the seed of all achievement; the starting place, back of which there is nothing, or at least there is nothing of which we have any knowledge.
- p. 109
- Variant: Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.
- As quoted in Quote-A-Quote: To Your Success Health Wealth & Happiness (2005) by Michael E. Ruge, p. 38
- Action is the real measure of intelligence.
- Big pay and little responsibility are circumstances seldom found together.
- Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought.
- Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.
- Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat. Only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win - essential to success.
- Every adversity carries with it the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit.
- First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.
- Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.
- Hold a picture of yourself long and steadily enough in your mind's eye, and you will be drawn toward it.
- Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes.
- If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.
- If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.
- If you're not learning while you're earning, you're cheating yourself out of the better portion of your compensation.
- It has always been my belief that a man should do his best, regardless of how much he receives for his services, or the number of people he may be serving or the class of people served.
- Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to conceive.
- Knowledge has no value except that which can be gained by its application.
- Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk in life.
- Man, alone, has the power to transform his thoughts into physical reality; man, alone, can dream and make his dreams come true.
- Money without brains is always dangerous.
- More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth.
- No man is ever whipped until he quits in his own mind.
- No man can succeed in a line of endeavor which he does not like.
- One must marry one's feelings to one's beliefs and ideas. That is probably the only way to achieve a measure of harmony in one's life.
- One of the main weaknesses of mankind is the average man's familiarity with the word "impossible."
- Perseverance: The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those that fail.
- Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel.
- Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.
- Self-disciplined begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do. Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward.
- Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.
- Success in its highest and noblest form calls for peace of mind and enjoyment and happiness which come only to the man who has found the work that he likes best.
- The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
- The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.
- The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.
- The world has the habit of making room for the man whose actions show that he knows where he is going.
- There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge.
- Think and grow rich.
- Thoughts mixed with definiteness of purpose, persistence, and burning desires are powerful things.
- Through some strange and powerful principle of "mental chemistry" which she has never divulged, nature wraps up in the impulse of strong desire, "that something" which recognizes no such word as "impossible," and accepts no such reality as failure.
- Understand this law and you will then know, beyond room for the slightest doubt, that you are constantly punishing yourself for every wrong you commit and rewarding yourself for every act of constructive conduct in which you indulge.
- War grows out of the desire of the individual to gain advantage at the expense of his fellow man.
- When your desires are strong enough you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve.
- What you think, so you will become.
- Who said it could not be done? And tell me what great victories does he have to his credit which qualifies him to judge what can and can't be accomplished.
- You give before you get.
- You must get involved to have an impact. No one is impressed with the won-lost record of the referee.
- Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill