Naples, also known as Napoli and Nàpule, is a historic city in the southern part of the Italian peninsula. It is currently the capital of the Province of Naples and the Campania region. It was previously the capital of its own kingdom, the Kingdom of Naples and then Two Sicilies. It is one of the largest cities in Europe in terms of population with a figure of around 1 million people, but much more in the metropolitan area.
- Naples is the flower of paradise. The last adventure of my life.
- I won't say another word about the beauties of the city and its situation, which have been described and praised often. As they say here, "Vedi Napoli e poi muori! — See Naples and die!" One can't blame the Neapolitan for never wanting to leave his city, nor its poets singing its praises in lofty hyperboles: it would be wonderful even if a few more Vesuviuses were to rise in the neighbourhood.
- A Mediterranean Paris. Such is Naples.
- The turmoil and the daily come and go made Naples a populated and fibrillating city like Paris.
- Naples and Paris: the two only capitals.