There is one thing that matters—to set a chime of words tinkling in the minds of a few fastidious people.Logan Pearsall Smith
- Written and directed by Joe Carnahan.
Det/Lt. Henry Oak
- The only thing you need to know about me is that I am gonna bag the motherfuckers that killed Mike. And if that means breaking any rule, any point of procedure then they're broke.
- This is a police issue revolver that belongs to a slain officer. What are you doing with it?
- Hey, hey stop jumping around man. What the fuck are you doing?
- I'll tell you this much I became a much better cop the day she died. Any hesitation I had about the job was gone. If we were on a bust I'd kick in the door, be the first one in.
- (about a haunting case he worked once) A little girl being abused has got nothing to do with rules and regulations, but everything to with right and wrong.
- I want you to say it "I killed Calvess", "I killed Calvess"! Say it, say it, say it!
- That's fucked up. That's fucked up.
- This is it. This is Calvess' gun.
- You are messing with something you can't possibly understand.
Det/Sgt. Nick Tellis
- I don't want the case. I want a desk.
- Well generally speaking miss, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
- They've got a dead cop and dead ends and they're reaching.
- Ah hah, oh ho ho! Bagles and guns.
- We didn't get 'em. We didn't get the guys who did it.
- You were there before he died tell me I'm wrong.
- "Coolio" here tried to cap me.
- I don't want to work with him if we're going to be playing eightball in some guy's head.