Natural Born Killers
It is the privilege of those who fear love to murder those who do not fear it!May Sarton
- Directed by Oliver Stone. Written by Oliver Stone, Quentin Tarantino, David Veloz, and Richard Rutowski.
- At birth, I was cast into a flaming pit of scum forgotten by God.
- I am the most dangerous man in the world.
- Mickey and Mallory Knox are without a doubt the most twisted depraved pair of shitfucks it has ever been my displeasure to lay my god damn eyes on. I tell you these two motherfuckers are a walking reminder of just how fucked up this system really is.
- Reporter: Do you have anything to say to your fans?
- Mickey: You ain't seen nothing yet.
- Mickey: But I came to the direction I need a gun. So, the next day I started off early for work, and I'm gonna stop by a gun shop and pick up a little home protection. I walked into the place and had never seen so many guns in all my life. So, I'm looking around, then this really nice sales guy comes up to me. His name was Warren. I'll never forget his name. He was really nice. Anyway, Warren showed me all these different models of guns. Magnums, automatics, pistols, Walters. And I ask to see a shotgun. He brings me a Mossberg pump action shotgun. As soon as I held that baby in my hands, I knew what I was gonna do. It felt so good. It felt like it was a part of me. They had a mirror in the store. I looked at myself holding it, and looked so fucking good, I immediately bought it. Bought a bunch of boxes of ammo. Turned my car around, drove to Mallory's house, we took care of Mallory's parents, packed up the car, and we were off. Everybody thought I'd gone crazy. The cops, my mom, everybody. But you see, they all missed the point of the story. I wasn't crazy. But when I was holding the shotgun, it all became clear. I realized for the first time my one true calling in life.
- Wayne Gale: What's that?
- Mickey: Shit, man ... I'm a natural born killer.
- Wayne Gale: So tell me. How can you look at an ordinary person, an innocent guy with kids, and then shoot him to death? I mean, how can you bring yourself to do that?
- Mickey: Innocent? Who-who's innocent, Wayne? Are you innocent?
- Wayne Gale: I'm innocent? Yes, I am. Of murder? Definitely.
- Mickey: It's just murder. All God's creatures do it. You look in the forests and you see species killing other species, our species killing all species including the forests, and we just call it industry, not murder. But I know a lot of people who deserve to die.
- Wayne Gale: Why do they deserve to die?
- Mickey: I believe they got something in their past, some sin, some awful secret thing. A lot of people walking around out there already dead. They just need to be put out of their misery. That's where I come in. Fate's messenger.
- Wayne Gale: You just said an instant of purity was preferable to a lifetime of lies. I don't understand. What's so pure about forty-eight dead bodies?
- Mickey: You'll never understand. Me and you, Wayne, we're not even the same species. I used to be you … then I evolved. From where you're standing, you're a man. From where I'm standing, you're an ape. I'm here … I'm right here … and you … you're somewhere else, man. You say, why? I say, why bother?
|Woody Harrelson||Mickey Knox|
|Juliette Lewis||Mallory Knox|
|Tom Sizemore||Jack Scagnetti|
|Tommy Lee Jones||Dwight McClusky|
|Robert Downey, Jr.||Wayne Gale|