I'm not impressed with the power of a corporate president. I am impressed with the power of ideas.Ken Mason
(Redirected from Naturist)
- "I honestly don't understand the big fuss made over nudity and sex in films. It's silly. On TV, the children can watch people murdering each other, which is a very unnatural thing, but they can't watch two people in the very natural process of making love. Now, really, that doesn't make any sense, does it?" --Sharon Tate as quoted in Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders (2000) by Greg King
- "If people were meant to run around naked, they wouldn't have been born wearing clothes." --Reverend Loveshade as quoted in Ek-sen-trik-kuh Discordia: The Tales of Shamlicht edited by Reverend Loveshade
- "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed." --Authorized Version (King James Version) of the Bible, Genesis 2:25
- "If we were surrounded all the time by nude people, do you think we would think about sex all the time? Of course not, we would get used to it. So it follows that the reason nudity has a tendency to remind us of sex is that we are stopped continually from seeing nude people." Eolake Stobblehouse, DOMAI.com
- "At the same time the LORD spoke by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, 'Go, and remove the sackcloth from your body, and take your sandals off your feet.' And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. Then the LORD said, 'Just as My servant Isaiah has walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and a wonder against Egypt and Ethiopia, so shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians as prisoners and the Ethiopians as captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt.'" -- New King James Version of the Bible, Isaiah 20:2-4
- "Perhaps the dissenters believe that 'offense to others' ought to be the only reason for restricting nudity in public places generally. . . . The purpose of Indiana's nudity law would be violated, I think, if 60,000 fully consenting adults crowded into the Hoosierdome to display their genitals to one another, even if there were not an offended innocent in the crowd." --United States Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
- "The more a society requires its respectable women to keep their bodies covered, the more likely those women are to be oppressed." --Eristotle
- "Yet, the truth is that nudity in the home, when handled in a respectful, matter-of-fact way, is perfectly natural and certainly not harmful." --Dennis Sugrue, PhD, clinical associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Michigan Medical School in Sex Matters for Women (Guilford Press, 2002)
- "In fact, research suggests that children who have seen their parents nude do not grow up to be emotionally scarred, but instead are more likely to be accepting of their own bodies and comfortable with their own sexuality." Holly Robinson, HealthyKids.com
- "The fear that seeing naked people in some way harms children is not supported, however, by academic research. The small handful of studies on this topic in psychology and sociology have shown, instead, that children reared in an atmosphere containing family social nudity may benefit from the practice. If this is true, then proposed laws outlawing either social nudity in the home or children's participation at naturist (or nudist) settings are unjustified." --Mark Storey in Children, Social Nudity and Scholarly Study
- "The Croatians don't Care." Ananymous
- "I think on-stage nudity is disgusting, shameful and damaging to all things American. But if I were 22 with a great body, it would be artistic, tasteful, patriotic and a progressive religious experience." --Shelley Winters from Michael Moncur's (Cynical) Quotations Site
- "If God thought that nudity was OK, we would have been born naked." -- Unknown
- " What's wrong with being naked? I wanna feel the breeze." -- Unknown
- Police Inspector: So your daddy takes his clothes off in front of you does he?
- Nathan: When he's rehearsing. --The Full Monty
- Anna: What is it about men and nudity? Particularly breasts? How can you be so interested in them?
- William: Well...
- Anna: I mean seriously: they're just breasts. Every second person has them. They're odd looking, they're for milk from your mother. What's all the fuss about? --Notting Hill
- "My first big acting performance was in the Marilyn Monroe biography piece, and it required frontal nudity. I talked to Mira Sorvino, my co-star, about how nervous I was because I didn't know how my mom would react. She said, 'Can I be completely honest with you? I've seen your mom in interviews, and she seems pretty screwed up. I don't think there's much you could do to shock a broad like that.' And from that moment on it was big nipples to the wind!" --Ashley Judd
- "When you get the personality, you don't need the nudity." --Mae West
- "Sims 2, the latest version of the Sims video game franchise...contains, according to video game news sites, full frontal nudity, including nipples, penises, labia, and pubic hair." -- Jack Thompson (attorney)