It is difficult to lay aside a confirmed passion.Catullus
Nellie McClung (October 20, 1873 - September 1, 1951) was a Canadian feminist, politician, and social activist.
- Never retreat; never explain; never apologize. Get the job done and let them howl.
- Women who set a low value on themselves make life hard for all women.
- I saw what could be done with words, for I had a vision of a new world as I talked.
- [Minding one's own business] is a cheap and second rate virtue, much extolled in certain circles, over estimated by the world at large; in constant use as an excuse for laziness; an alibi for indifference coldness and neglect; the slacker's refuge; the sluggard's sure defense.
- Disturbers are never popular -- nobody ever really loved an alarm clock in action-no matter how grateful they may have been afterwards for its kind services!
- Women have not had much to do with making wars, though some wars in ancient times have been blamed on them; and as men have written the histories we have never heard the woman's side of the story. I have always wanted to hear from Helen of Troy.
- I am a firm believer in women-in their ability to do things & in their influence & power. Women set the standards for the world, and it is for us, women of Canada, to set the standards high.