Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.William Hazlitt
- Qualis artifex pereo.
- Translation: What an artist dies in me!
- Translation: What an artisan I am in dying!
- Translation: So great an artist, I die!
- Finally I can live like a human being.
- after moving into the Golden House, built upon burned out areas after the great fire of Rome.
- Hidden talent counts for nothing.
- The world is losing a great artist (dies).
- Said when the Praetorian Guard forced his suicide.