To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.Anna Strong
Quotes using the idea of Never
- Never generally means "at no point in time." The term comes from the words 'no' and 'ever', meaning that something is not ever going to happen.
- Had we never lov'd sae kindly,
Had we never lov'd sae blindly,
Never met - or never parted,
We had ne'er been broken-hearted.
- Robert Burns, Ae Fond Kiss
- Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
- Captain: Though related to a peer,
I can hand, reef, and steer,
And ship a selvagee;
I am never known to quail
At the fury of a gale,
And I'm never, never sick at sea!
Chorus: What, never?
Captain: No, never!
Chorus: What, never?
Captain: Hardly ever!
- W. S. Gilbert, H. M. S. Pinafore
- Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore'.
- Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven
- No, no, no life!
Why should a dog, a horse, a rat, have life,
And thou no breath at all? Thou'lt come no more,
Never, never, never, never, never!
- And silence their mourning
With vows of returning
But never intending to visit them more.
No never, no never, intending to visit them more.
- Thou shalt hear the 'Never, never', whispered by the phantom years.
- Alfred Tennyson, Locksley Hall, line 83
- Her uncle drove a taxi which he had purchased on the 'never never' system. You pay $80 down and more than you can afford for the rest of your life.
- Edgar Wallace, novel "More Educated Evans" (1926)
- I'll love you till the bluebells forget to bloom;
I'll love you till the clover has lost its perfume.
I'll love you till the poets run out of rhyme,
Until the twelfth of never and that's a long, long time.
- The Moment of Death; or, The Never, Never Land
- Israel Zangwill, Title of play (1900)
Books and Film
- Peter Pan (originally titled Peter Pan and Wendy). Peter Pan spends his never-ending childhood adventuring on the small island of Never land as leader of the Lost Boys.
- Finding Neverland, Academy Award-winning film released in 2004. Semi-fictional account of the experiences of Peter Pan author J. M. Barrie that led him to write the children's classic.
- Never Say Never Again, Warner Bros. film released in 1983, is the unofficial remake of the 1965 James Bond film Thunderball, starring Sean Connery as the famous British Secret Service agent.