Long is the road from conception to completion.Moliθre
- I'm not studying this, I'm not looking at it in great detail, but the last guy to announce on your show came in fourth.
- Response to Jon Stewart's request that he announce his candidacy for President of the United States in the 2008 election on The Daily Show (6 June 2005)
- If this just degenerates after a historic election, back into the usual bologna of politics in Washington and pettiness in Washington, then the American people I believe will move towards a third party in a massive way.
- Source: CBS News, November 11, 1994
- If combat means living in a ditch, females have biological problems staying in a ditch for thirty days because they get infections and they don't have upper body strength. I mean, some do, but they're relatively rare. On the other hand, men are basically little piglets, you drop them in the ditch, they roll around in it, doesn't matter, you know. These things are very real. On the other hand, if combat means being on an Aegis-class cruiser managing the computer controls for twelve ships and their rockets, a female may be again dramatically better than a male who gets very, very frustrated sitting in a chair all the time because males are biologically driven to go out and hunt giraffes.
- Adjunct Professor Newt Gingrich, Reinhardt College, January 7, 1995, "Renewing American Civilization."
On reports that he has been cooperating in a bipartisan manner with Hillary Clinton:
- Let me draw a distinction. I think [that for] real people who have been at this level pounding away at each other there is a respect you get. You get this in sorts. I was very flattered that her husband said very nice things about me in his memoirs. You respect the fact that you're both able to stay in the ring.
- We think that electronic prescriptions could save at least 8,000 lives a year. We think electronic health records could save between [40,000] and 100,000 lives a year. And, we don't think this is a right-wing, left-wing issue; I don't think it's a Republican or Democrat issue. Hilary and Bill Frist, the Republican leader in the Senate, will be introducing a bill in about two weeks. We were actually at a press conference with Patrick Kennedy, a Democrat, and Tim Murphy, a Republican introducing a bill in the House on this topic. I know it sounds radical, bold, daring, but if you can save fifty to a hundred thousand American lives a year, why not try it?
- I did have one guy in Iowa walk up to me and say, "You know, that makes so much sense, I know it can't happen." And I thought that was a bad sign.
On the Republican Party's ascendence to and maintenance of power:
- On balance, I think they did a lot of things that are very good. And, I think they also repsonded to 9/11 in ways that were very important for the country, but I do think we need another wave of reform.
- Washington just can't reform itself. It couldn't for the Democrats; it can't for the Republicans. And, Reagan had to basically come out of California to change. We came out of 40 years in the wilderness to change it. I think it's very hard inside the city to get the scale of change we need. So, I think that's a very important part of the next phase of our lives.
- Newt.org, the official home page of Gingrich
- Transforming the State Department
- Newt Gingrich: Defeat of Terror, not Roadmap Diplomacy, Will Bring Peace, Middle East Quarterly