Life at the top is financially rewarding, spiritually draining, physically exhausting, and short.Peter C. Newman
- Saw it written and i saw it say
Pink moon is on its way
And none of you stand so tall
Pink moon's gonna get ye all.
- Pink Moon
- Fame is but a fruit tree-
so very unsound.
It can never flourish
'till its stock is in the ground.
- Fruit Tree
- Please give me a second grace
- I just need your star for a day.
- And I was strong, strong in the sun
I thought I'd see when day is done.
Now I'm weaker than the palest blue
Oh, so weak in the need for you.
- Place to Be
- I can't cope, all the defenses are gone. All the nerves are exposed.
- I can't think of words. I feel no emotion about anything. I don't want to laugh or cry. I'm numb-dead inside.
- [Public school is a place] where the sensitive experience a horrified dissociation from reality that can sometimes never fade away.
- You remember me. You remember me how I was. Tell me how I was. I used to have a brain. I used to be somebody. What happened to me? What happened to me?
- Sheila Wood: If you're so unhappy Nick, why haven't you killed yourself?
Drake: It's too cowardly, and besides, I don't have the courage.