Norman Vincent Peale
Norman Vincent Peale (May 31, 1898 - December 24, 1993) was the author of The Power of Positive Thinking and chief progenitor of the theory of positive thinking. With his wife, Ruth Stafford Peale, he founded Guideposts magazine in 1945.
- There was about this gigantic rainbow a deep benediction of peace and hope. But as ineffable as nature is in the effect of natural beauty on the mind, it cannot match the peace of God in its healing effect on the human mind.
- The power of the Plus Factor is potential but it is not self-activating. It is latent in human beings and will remain latent until it is activated.
- The Plus Factor makes its appearance in a person's life in proportion as that person is in harmony with God and His universal laws.
- And now we get down to two magic words that tell us how to accomplish just about anything we want to accomplish, two powerful words that can change any situation, two dynamic words that all too few people use. And what are these two amazing words? Do it!
- So what are you afraid of? What is holding you back? What is it that stands in your way? Do it!
- Sometimes we see people persevering in the face of what seem to be insuperable odds. When that happens, I can't help but think that through their Plus Factor information has been conveyed to them that even they are unaware of.
- Of vast importance in achieving peace of mind is dealing with the contents of mind itself: the mass of all ill thoughts you have stored up over the years, all the regrets, all the futilities, all the hidden sins, all the hates, all the grudges, all the vindictiveness. The minds of many people are filled with pockets of poison.[..........]
- 3. Tell yourself every morning as you go to work that you love your job. Think of it as interesting, even fascinating. By so doing you will ultimately get enthusiastic about your work-and you will undoubtedly do a better job.
Source: POWER OF THE PLUS FACTOR
- People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
- Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.
- Change your thoughts and you can change the world.
- Believe that problems do have answers, that they can be overcome, and that you can solve them