You talk too much, you laugh too loud, that's the price of love.Brian Ferry
- It felt like a new day.
- I understand why people think we're gay. There isn't a definition in our culture for this kind of bond between women. So I get why people have to label it – how can you be this close without it being sexual?
- What I learned at a very early age was that I was responsible for my life. And as I became more spiritually conscious, I learned that we all are responsible for ourselves, that you create your own reality by the way you think and therefore act. You cannot blame apartheid, your parents, your circumstances, because you are not your circumstances. You are your possibilities. If you know that, you can do anything.
- Oprah Winfrey, O Magazine, January 2007, pages 160 & 217
- What other people label or might try to call failure, I have learned is just God's way of pointing you in a new direction.
Quotes about Oprah Winfrey
- She actually is somebody who has the ability to move mountains and change minds.
- Dana Bash (CNN congressional correspondent) On Reliable Sources, Cullum claimed questions about where Obama's "religion lies, where his loyalty lies" could "backfire on Oprah" 2007-12-03
- Oprah is different. Oprah has an army out there that really listens. She's one of the great marketing machines in history.
- Howard Davidowitz Obama and the 'Oprah Effect': can she sway voters? 2007-12-10
- So far, I don't see anything negative on this woman. I think she's a real icon. She's much more complex and complicated than just a talk show host. Maya Angelou has said she sees her as a true missionary. Everybody has a different take on Oprah.
- She's -- her great strength, if anybody watches the show -- and I think everybody does in Iowa; it's the number one show in Iowa -- she's instructive. She's empowering. Every time you watch an Oprah broadcast, at the end of it, you know more than you started and you feel stronger. That's her strength.
- You have to admire Oprah Winfrey. She is the most powerful woman in the country and comes from a very humble background. The woman has succeeded on talent and energy.