Our Gang, also known as The Little Rascals or Hal Roach's Rascals, was a long-lived series of comedy short films about a troupe of poor neighborhood children and the adventures they had together. The films were produced for movie theatres by Hal Roach from 1922 to 1938, and by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) from 1938 to 1944. In the mid-1950s, the 80 Roach-produced shorts with sound were syndicated for television under the title The Little Rascals, as MGM retained the rights to the Our Gang trademark.
- "Okee-dokee!" and "Okey-doke!" (Spanky)
- "Oh-Tay!" (Porky and Buckwheat)
- "Gee, you're pretty, Miss Crabtree. You're prettier 'n Miss MacGillicuddy." (Jackie), Teacher's Pet and Love Business, both 1930
- "Don't call me Norman, call me Chubsy-Ubsy." (Chubby), Love Business, 1930
- "Yum-yum. Eat-em-up !" (The wild man, The Kid from Borneo, 1933)
- "I wish Cotton was a monkey. All he needs is a tail." (Spanky, A Lad an' a' Lamp, 1932)
- "Don't drink the milk, its SPOILED". (various characters, Mush and Milk, 1933)
- "I don't think I'll taste so good, mother says I'm spoiled!" (Spanky, The Kid From Borneo, 1933)
- "You said it!" (various characters)
- "That'll learn 'em." (Scotty)
- "Aww, Gee!"(w:Dickie Moore)
from Our Gang Follies of 1938 (1937)
- Alfalfa: "Gee, you look pretty! Diamonds an' everything!"
- Darla: "Oh yes indeed; I sing and I make hundreds an' thousands of dollars!"
- Alfalfa: I'm the Barber of Seville! Figaro! Figaro! Figaro! How do you like that?
- Opera Singer: Why, it's preposterous!
- Alfalfa: Thank you very much! You're not so bad yourself!
from the 1994 movie
- Mr. Welling: If you were my kids, I'd punish you.
- Stymie: If we were your kids, we'd punish ourselves!
- Darla: Oh, I hate you, Alfalfa.
- Buckwheat: (reading a note from Alfalfa to Darla) Dear Darla, I hate your stinkin' guts! You make me vomit. You are scum between my toes! Love, Alfalfa.
- Twins: They like to moon ya!
- Buckwheat: No, we don't!
- [from the outtakes]
- Waldo: What an idiot!
- Porky: Women make men miserable!
- [from the outtakes]
- Uh Huh: What a relief!
- Spanky: You can't treat people this way, mister!
- Mr. Welling: You're not people, you're kids.
- Darla: Alfalfa, this is a side of you I never saw before!
- Darla: This tastes like somebody poured it through an old boot!
- Froggy: Actually, it's a sneaker!
- Stymie: Porky, you sure know how to make a sand-wich!
- Porky: That wasn't sand, that was cat litter.
- Buckwheat: Don't worry, it's pretty fresh!