A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.George Bernard Shaw
Pain is an unpleasant sensation which may be associated with actual or potential tissue damage and which may have physical and emotional components.
- You probably don't think that I can force this towel down your throat. But trust me, I can. All the way. Except I'd hold onto this one little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest it, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. For most people it would take about a week to die. It's very painful.
- It never occurred to me to call 911 or my physician. […] As foolish as it may appear, you are, in a sense, a prisoner of the pain, which was intolerable. You're thinking, what could I do to relieve myself of it. If it becomes intense enough, you're perfectly willing to accept cardiac arrest as a possible way of getting rid of the pain.
- Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
- One’s pain is another’s painkiller.
- Pain don't hurt.
- "Pain is just a strain on the brain."
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
- Pain is temporary, glory is forever.
- Pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
- Pain is weakness leaving the body.
- Marine Corps saying
- Pain is why I did that then, and why you do this now.
- People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.
- The pills would ease the pain.
- The worst pain a man can suffer: to have insight into much and power over nothing.
- Pose Pose why do you suppose why Pain is our name? Because that’s what we choose. And life without pain is a long endless chain of errors repeated again and again. So don’t be afraid of pain, don’t run away.
- American punk band Pain
- There's only one thing to say about pain, it hurts.
- Zeke Willey
- Pain doesn't exist, It's just what you think and when you think.
- James Griffiths
- You can't avoid pain...you can only deal with it! In some cases, you have to learn to deal with it first!
- Scott Thomson