The good life, as I conceive it, is a happy life. I do not mean that if you are good you will be happy; I mean that if you are happy you will be good.Bertrand Russell
(Redirected from Palindrome)
A palindrome is a word or a phrase that has the property of reading the same in either direction. Spacing and punctuation do not matter.
- Able was I ere I saw Elba.
- Madam, I'm Adam.
- Quoted in Mark Twain, The Galaxy, Vol. 1, p. 439
- A man, a plan, a canal: Panama!
- Leigh Mercer, Notes and Queries, November 13, 1948
- A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs, a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut, a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal -- Panama
- Si Nummi immunis.
- Sator arepo tenet opera rotas.
Quotes about palindromes
- Neil, a trap! Sid is part alien!
- God lives, evil dog!
- Was it a rat I saw?
- Sit on a potato pan, Otis.
- No Roman a moron.
- Mr. Owl ate my metal worm.
- Madam, in Eden I'm Adam.
- Mae Stella Wade repapered a wallet seam
- Never odd or even
- Wet Stew
- Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog!
- Marge let Sarah see Shara's telegram.
- Live dirt up a side track carted is a putrid evil.
- Oozy rat in a sanitary zoo
- Go home emo hog!
- À Cuba, Anna a bu ça.
- Translation: In Cuba, Anna has drunk that.
- Gérard Durand
- C'est sec.
- Translation: It's dry.
- Roger Cornaille
- Eh ! ça va la vache ?
- Translation: Hey! How's the cow?
- Louise de Vilmorin
- Élu par cette crapule.
- Translation: Elected by this scum.
- Charles Cros
- En route je tourne.
- Translation: On the way, I turn around.
- Roger Cornaille
- Et la marine va, papa, venir à Malte.
- Translation: And the marine will, dad, come to Malta.
- attributed to Victor Hugo
- Il a l'âge légal, Ali.
- Translation: He has the legal age, Ali.
- Joseph Renaud
- A grama é amarga.
- Translation: The grass is sour.
- Socorram-me, subi num ônibus em Marrocos.
- Translation: Help me, I caught a bus in Morocco.
- Ame o poema.
- Translation: Love the poem.
- Após a sopa.
- Translation: After the soup.
- Roma me tem amor.
- Translation: Rome has love for me.
- Seco de raiva, coloco no colo caviar e doces.
- Translation: This sentence has a nonsense meaning in Portuguese, but in English it literally means "Dried with anger, I put on my lap caviar and sweeties.".
- Translation: Egg
- A droga da gorda
- Translation: The damn fat woman or The fat woman's drug.
- Translation: (a) soap seller
- Translation: (a) seller of soapfish
- Translation: (a) seller of soap blocks
- Innostunut sonni
- Translation: (an) Enthusiastic bull
- Uupuva havupuu
- Translation: a conifer which is getting tired ("tiring conifer")
- Alle satasella
- Translation: (I bought it) under a hundred (bank-note)
- Nasa Bayabasan
- Translation: (a) in the guava trees