I am learning to understand rather than immediately judge or to be judged. I cannot blindly follow the crowd and accept their approach. I will not allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I have come to understand that life is best to be lived and not to be conceptualized. I am happy because I am growing daily and I am honestly not knowing where the limit lies. To be certain, every day there can be a revelation or a new discovery. I treasure the memory of the past misfortunes. It has added more to my bank of fortitude.Bruce Lee
- A man, a plan, a canal: Panama!
- I took it.
- Theodore Roosevelt on Panama, address in California, 1911.
- A deadly spot the end of the world almost....There are 20,000 British coloured people working on the canal...; they are mostly from Jamaica & smell too revolting for words....the Panamanians are a very queer people, all dagoes of course, though very pompous and dirty.
- Edward VIII of Great Britain, quoted in "Around the World with the Prince of Wales", from Godfrey, 'Letters (31 March - 1 April 1920).
- Who's Britannica to tell me that the Panama Canal was built in 1914? If I want to say that it was built in 1941, that's my right as an American.
- Regarding the Panama Canal Treaty negotiations, they will find us standing up or dead, but never on our knees; NEVER!