To love one child and to love all children, whether living or dead—somewhere these two loves come together. To love a no-good but humble punk and to love an honest man who believes himself to be an honest man—somewhere these, too, come together.Marguerite Duras
- I don't wanna get rich — just live good.
- From a 1955 bio sheet; reproduced in liner notes, The Patsy Cline Collection (MCA, 1992)
- You don't appreciate home until you leave it and, let me tell you, you can't appreciate life till you've almost left it! Some people hope and die with their song still in them. I used to think that happiness resulted when my earnings matched my yearnings! But not anymore!
- To her mother following the 1961 car accident
- Nassour, Ellis . Patsy Cline, unidentified edition, unidentified pages.
- Oh, I just sing like I hurt inside.
- Quoted by WSM radio employee Trudy Stamper; liner notes, The Patsy Cline Story (Decca/MCA, 1963)
- Find one person in the audience and sing to them with all of your heart. And then cast a spell over them. Hoss, if you can't do it with feeling — don't.
- On singing and performing
- Attributed by Dottie West in Nassour, Ellis . Patsy Cline, unidentified edition, unidentified pages.
- Quoted in The Real Patsy Cline (1986 documentary film)
- You're alright honey. Anyone who'll stand up to "The Cline" is alright. We're going to be good friends.
- When I find out who stole it I'll take blood, ass and all!
- In a letter to a friend about having her mink coat stolen at her record company's party
- Attributed from Remembering Patsy (1993 documentary film)
- I'm as happy as if I had good sense!
- Response to Arthur Godfrey when he asked her on the air about being happy in her marriage
- Patsified.com, a Patsy Cline website