Paul Lewis Hackett III (born 30 March 1962) is a trial lawyer and veteran of the Iraq War who unsuccessfully sought election to the United States Congress from the Second District of Ohio in the 2 August 2005, special election.
- With all that this country has given me, I felt it wasn't right for me to be enjoying life in Indian Hill when Marines were fighting and dying in Iraq.
- Interview with the Cincinnati Enquirer
- We're not going to spread democracy at the business end of a M16 held by a 23 year old Marine.
- You take a 22-year-old American, you shoot at him all day long, you deprive him of sleep, you make him see his buddies being killed, he has their blood on his boots and blouse, and when you don't see perfection in his decisions you court-martial him? It's absurd.
- If you think America is on the right track and we need more of the same, I'm not your candidate.
- Ask yourself, are you better off today than you were five years ago?
- see also Ronald Reagan
- Don't tell me how to live my personal life and don't dictate to my wife what decision she makes with her doctor.
- Regarding abortion