There's night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon, and stars, brother, all sweet things; there's likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?George Borrow
- The work of a director can be summed up in two very simple words. Why and How.
- Brook, Peter . On Directing (in English), ix (Foreword), London, England: Faber and Faber ltd. 0-571-19149-5.
- Everything is impossible so just quit.
- An icon painter starts not with Jesus Christ but by finding earth and rubbing. Now what is earth, what are you rubbing in directing?
- I've always worked a bit like a cook in a big restaurant, where you've got lots and lots of things laid out and you go and look into one cauldron and you look into the other and you see what's coming to the boil.