Peter Pan (2003 film)
Perhaps the old monks were right when they tried to root love out; perhaps the poets are right when they try to water it. It is a blood-red flower, with the color of sin; but there is always the scent of a god about it.Olive Schreiner
- To die will be an awfully big adventure.
- To live would be an awfully big adventure.
- You are a codfish.
- You can't catch me and make me a man.
- I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.
- I Love You Wendy.
- Old, alone... done for. [gets eaten by the giant crocodile]
- Pan...you're pink!
- Split my infinitives.
- Come on, fly to the rescue. And I'll shoot you, right through your noble intentions.
- Growing up is such a barbarous business, full of inconvenience... and pimples.
- All children grow up... except one.
- Never is an awfully long time.
- You don't mean to tell me... there's a fairy in this room?
- Mr. Darling: I have been HUMILIATED! No! I must become a man that children fear and adults respect, or we shall all... end up... in the street!
- Mrs. Darling: George, not so loud.
- Aunt Millicent: George, the neighbors will hear.
- Mr. Darling: Let them hear! Let the whole world know! [about Nana] This is not a nurse! This... is a :dog! [to Wendy] Tomorrow, you will begin your instruction with Aunt Millicent. It's time for you to grow up!
- Peter: Was it you, Tink?
- Tinker Bell: [with a halo over her head] Hallelujah! Hallelujah! [transforms into an evil fairy]
- Peter: Then I am your friend no more. [tosses her aside]
- Wendy: Oh, how sweet. [Peter looks disgusted] What? Are mermaids not sweet?
- Peter: They'll sweetly drown you if you get too close.
- Mr. Darling: Look, why, it's snowing! Goodness, we'll catch our death!
- Aunt Millicent: Better death than gossip!
- Pirate: Beg for yer lives!
- John: Sir! My brother and I are English gentlemen. English gentlemen do not [beg!]
- Michael: [gets on his knees] Please! Please don't kill me!
- John: [gets on his knees] Please don't kill me, either!
- Wendy: Once upon a time there was a boy named Peter Pan, who decided not to grow up.
- Hook: Skip the prologue
- Wendy: So he flew away to Neverland where the pirates are.
- Noodler: Was one of them pirates called [Noodler]?
- Wendy: Yes.
- Noodler: Capt'n, did you hear? I am in a story!
- Hook: [shoots Noodler]What fun he must have had.
- Wendy: Yes but he was rather lonely.
- Hook: Lonely? He needed a Wendy.
- Pirate: I need a Wendy. [Hooks shoots him]
- Smee: Oh, very exciting! Two dead already!
- Hook: Why a Wendy?
- Wendy: He liked my stories.
- Hook: What stories?
- Wendy: Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty.
- Hook: Love stories?
- Wendy: Adventures! In which good triumphs over evil!
- Hook: They all end in a kiss.
- Wendy: gasps
- Hook: A kiss. He does feel! He feels about you. [cuts her free from the mast]She told him stories. He taught her to fly. How?
- Wendy: You just think happy thoughts. They lift you into the air.
- Hook: Alas, I have no happy thoughts.
- Wendy: That brings you down!
- Hook: [Hook threatens to cut Wendy's throat with his hook] How else?
- Michael: Fairy dust! You need fairy dust!
- The Lost Boys: Michael!
- Hook: What of Pan? Would unhappy thoughts bring him down?
- Wendy: He has no unhappy thoughts.
- Aunt Millicent: Is your name Slightly?
- Slightly: Yes.
- Aunt Millicent: Then I am your mother.
- Slightly: How do you know?
- Aunt Millicent: I feel it in my bones.
- Hook: If I were you, I would give up.
- Pan: If you were me, I would be ugly!