Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes. Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.Henry Miller
In general, a plan is a set of intended actions, through which one expects to achieve a goal.
- Plans are insulted destinies. I don't have plans, I only have goals.
- Ash Chandler, Freudian Slip, Mumbai Mirror Buzz, April 2006.
- "Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans"
- "The best laid schemes o' mice and men gang aft a-gley; and leave us naught but grief and pain for promised joy"
- Robert Burns, from "To a Mouse" ("Gang aft a-gley" is translated: "Often go awry")
- "Every age has its peculiar folly: Some scheme, project, or fantasy into which it plunges, spurred on by the love of gain, the necessity of excitement, or the force of imitation."
- Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds
- The plans and schemes of tyrants are broken by many things. They shatter against cliffs of heroic struggle. They rupture on reefs of open resistance. And they are slowly eroded, bit by little bit, on the very beaches where they measure triumph, by countless grains of sand. By the stubborn little decencies of humble little men.
- Eric Flint In the Heart of Darkness
- To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.
- And it came to me then that every plan is a tiny prayer to father time As I stared at my shoes in the ICU that reeked of piss and 409 ** Death Cab for Cutie, What Sarah Said
- Ha'atid hu ma she'kore be'zman she'anachnu asukim be'letachnen (העתיד הוא מה שקורה בזמן שאנחנו עסוקים בלתכנן).
- Translation (from hebrew): The future is what happens while we are busy planning for it.
- Meaning: people always say "One day I'll do this and I'll do that", but while they say it, time goes by and they don't put any of their plans to action.
- "What I plan is a driven by those earlier failed."
- "Plans are waste, planning is essential"
- The planning process is essential if you want to know what to do when things don’t go according to plan.
- Peter Baskerville Business Planning for Entrepreneurs