Life is like riding a bicycle. You don't fall off unless you stop peddling.Claude D. Pepper
- What you mean is, not like you.
- If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew you never knew.
- I'd rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.
- Don't you think we're getting a little old for these games?
- I lied for you once. Don't ask me to do it again.
- Pocahontas wants to look in to the eyes of the man who killed Kocoum.
- All around you are spirits, child. They live in the earth, the water, the sky. If you listen, they will guide you.
- [to John Smith] Don't be frightened, young man. My bark is worse than my bite.
- Sometime the right way is not the easiest one
- There's still some snap in these old vines!
- (After stopping a fight between Meeko and Percy) It's enough to make your sap boil
- Kekata: These are not men like us, but strange beasts with bodies that shine like the sun, and weapons that spout fire and thunder. They prowl the earth like ravenous wolves, consuming everything in their path.
- Ben: It can look like Ratcliffe's knickers, for all I care, just as long as we get off this stinkin' boat!
- Ratcliffe: I'd help you to dig, boys, but I've got this crick in me spine.
- Powhatan: [to Pocahontas] You must choose your own path.
- Ratcliffe: They're not like you and me, which means they must be evil!!!
- Thomas: What do you suppose the New World will look like?
- John Smith: Like all the others, I suppose. I've seen hundreds of new worlds, Thomas. What could be possibly different about this one?
- Kekata: Your return has brought much joy to the village. Look at all the smiling faces.
- Powhatan: Yes. But there is one smiling face I don't see. Where is my daughter?
- Kekata: You know Pocahontas. She has her mother's spirit. She goes wherever the wind takes her.
- Ratcliffe: I hereby claim this land and all its riches in the name of His Majesty, King James I, and do so name this settlement Jamestown.
- Wiggins: Bravo! Beautifully spoken, sir.
- Pocahontas: Ma-ta-que-na-to-rath(I don't understand).
- John Smith: You don't understand a word I'm saying, do you?
- John Smith: You have the most unusual names here.
- Pocahontas: You have the most unusual name too... John Smith.
- Ben: Watch your feet, you big oaf!
- Lon: It wasn't me! It was the tree.
- Powhatan (Angry): I told you to stay in the village. You disobeyed me! You have shamed your father!
- Pocahontas: I was only trying to help!
- Powhatan (Angry): Because of your foolishness, Kocoum is dead!
- John Smith: I won't leave you.
- Pocahontas: You never will. No matter what happens to me, I'll always be with you. Forever.
- Pocahontas (speaking) - Irene Bedard
- Pocahontas (singing) - Judy Kuhn
- Captain John Smith - Mel Gibson
- Governor Ratcliffe / Wiggins - David Ogden Stiers
- Meeko - John Kassir
- Flit - Frank Welker
- Powhatan - Russell Means
- Thomas - Christian Bale
- Grandmother Willow - Linda Hunt
- Kocoum - James Fall
- Nakoma - Michelle St. John
- Kekata - Gordon Tootoosis