The man who says he has exhausted life generally means that life has exhausted him.Oscar Wilde
Pol Pot (May 19, 1925 - April 15, 1998) Dictator of Democratic Kampuchea from 1976 to 1979; born Saloth Sar.
- We want only peace, to build up our country. World opinion is paying great attention to the threat against Democratic Kampuchea. They are anxious, they fear Kampuchea cannot oppose the Vietnamese. This could hurt the interests of the Southeast Asian countries and all of the world's countries.
- This is Year Zero
- The only good bourgeois is a dead bourgeois.
- It's up to history to judge.
- Since he is of no use anymore, there is no gain if he lives and no loss if he dies.
- We are like babies learning to walk.
- I'm quite modest. I don't want to tell people I'm a leader.
- I did not join the resistance movement to kill people, to kill the nation. Look at me now. Am I a savage person? My conscience is clear.
- I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- When I die, my only wish is that Cambodia remain Cambodia and belong to the West. It is over for communism, and I want to stress that.
- I am in extremely bad health, the blood does not reach my brain. It hurts every day.
- Plotz, David. 1997. Nov. 2, 1997. The New Pol Pot. Slate Magazine