In love, as in gluttony, pleasure is a matter of the utmost precision.Italo Calvino
- "Kaiya! Get back to the village, now!"
- "Nothing is over. The two of us are still alive. Now will you help me, San?"
- "Oh, that's good news. I was beginning to think I'd done something wrong by bringing him back."
- "Look everyone! This is what hatred looks like! This is what it does when it catches hold of you! It's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me. Fear and anger only make it grow faster."
- "What I want is for the humans and the forest to live in peace!"
- "Yes, San, I am a human. But...so are you."
- "Go away!"
- "I hate humans!"
- "His own people shot him; he's dying."
- [furiously] "Quiet! Watch what you say, you filthy pig!"
- [annoyed, referring to Lady Eboshi] "Ugh, it's that damn woman again."
- Lord Akoto, you must stop! They aren't your warriors, don't you understand? It's a trap!
- "No! I don't wanna become a demon!"
- "Ashitaka, you mean so much to me, but I can't forgive the humans for what they've done."
- "This is my garden. None of the townspeople dare to come here."
- "Eye's unclouded!?" (Laughs as a response to Ashitaka's reason for coming to Irontown.)
- "Now watch closely, everyone. I'm going to show you how to kill a god. A god of life and death. The trick is not to fear him."
- "Cut off a wolf's head and it still has the power to bite."
- "The sooner we get this rice home, the sooner we'll eat! Let's move!"
- "YOU WILL DIE!"
- "I was hoping you'd cry out in your sleep, then I would have bitten your head off to silence you."
- "I caught her human parents defiling my forest. They threw their baby at my feet as they ran away. Instead of eating her I raised her as my own."
- "Typical... you think like a human."
- "You cannot win against the humans. Their guns will destroy you all."
- "You'd risk everything on one last battle. That's just what the humans want."
- "Don't touch him. He's no longer a God."
- "GIVE ME BACK MY DAUGHTER.. DEMON!!!"
- "When you're going to kill a god, let someone else do your dirty work."
- "So you say you're under a curse? Well so what. So's the whole damn world."
- "Well, I give up. You just can't win against fools."
- "Everybody wants everything, that's the way the world is, but I might actually get it."
- "Relax, kid, I have bigger fish to fry. Your secret's safe with me."
- "This soup tastes like donkey piss!"
- "Are you selling soup or donkey piss?"
- "Kid, listen, everybody wants to have everything in life, and now I might actually get it!"
- Oracle: "You cannot change your fate, though you may rise to meet it if you choose."
- Kohroku: "Huh... I never knew the forest god made the flowers grow."
- Kohroku: "My arm, it doesn't hurt. IT'S HEALED!!! (Korhoku stretches his arm and it cracks) Argh, no, it's still broken."
- Toki: You scared me half to death! Don't you 'little flower' me!
- Town's woman: You want some of our iron? Here you go! *shoots at the ground near horseman*
- Leper: [A piece of the wooden wall is removed. A cannon and a head is seen. It fires at a boat, knocking a man off and almost upsetting the boat.] "Ha ha. I missed. Their bringing boats across the river!"
- Moro: Silence, boy! How dare you speak to a God like that!
- Moro: I was saving my energy for that damn gunswoman...but I must save San.
- Moro: Now my poor, ugly, beautiful daughter is neither wolf, nor human. She lives with the forest, and so too will die with the forest.
- Kaiya: [giving Ashitaka her crystal dagger] No, I want you to keep it, so you won't forget your little sister.
- Lady Eboshi: "What exactly are you here for?"
- Ashitaka: "To see with eyes unclouded by hate."
- [In the midst of Lady Eboshi and San fighting, Ashitaka moves through a crowd, flinging people high into the air, then he throws himself between the two, holding them apart]
- Lady Eboshi: What do you think you're doing, boy?
- Prince Ashitaka: Stay your hand. The girl's life is now mine.
- [San viciously bites Ashitaka's arm]
- Lady Eboshi: I'm sure she'll make a lovely wife for you...
- Ashitaka: There's a demon inside of you. It's inside both of you.
- [San's bite reveals the curse]
- Ashitaka: Look, everyone! This is what hatred looks like! This is what it does when it catches hold of you! It's eating me alive, and very soon now it will kill me! Fear and anger only make it grow faster!
- [Ashitaka arrives at Iron Town's main gate, carrying an unconscious San. A gate guard holds out his hand to stop him.]
- Gate Guard: Sir, I can't let you pass. The gate's been ordered shut. It can't be opened.
- [Ashitaka continues to leave. Two guards with rifles move to bar his path.]
- Rifle Guard 1: Turn back, please.
- Rifle Guard 2: We're grateful to you for bringing those men back to us. We don't want to hurt you.
- Rifle Guard 1: Please!
- Ashitaka: I walked in through this gate this morning. Now I'm going to leave the same way.
- [Ashitaka begins to try and open the gate]
- Rifle Guard 1: Don't be a fool, it takes ten men to open this gate.
- [After having rescued San, Ashitaka falls off his elk, and the two wolves want to eat him. San tells them that Ashitaka is for her]
- San: Why did you stop me from killing her? Tell me, while you are still alive!
- Ashitaka: (very weakly) I did not want them to kill you... that's why...
- San: I'm not afraid to die! I'd do anything to got you humans out of my forest!
- Ashitaka: (very weakly) I knew that, from the first moment I saw you...
- San: And I'm not afraid of you! I should kill you for saving her!
- [Takes Ashitaka's sword and puts it inches from his throat]
- San: That woman is evil, and there's nobody who can stop me from killing her!
- Ashitaka: (very weakly) No...live ...
- San: That's enough! I'm not listening to you anymore!
- Ashitaka: (very weakly) You're ... beautiful.
- [San steps back, startled]
- Wolf: What is it, San? Want me to crunch his face off?
- San: "Why chop the trees down?"
- Moro: "To make them angry, which makes them stupid."
- San: "Mother I have to go. Lord Okoto is blind, I must be his eyes, do you understand?"
- Moro: "Do as you must. You know, that boy wanted to share his life with you."
- San: "I hate him! I hate all humans!"
- [Eboshi fires at Shishigami, who is wounded, but does not fall.]
- Gonza: But... that should have killed it!
- Lady Eboshi: She's a god, you fool. It'll take more than one shot.
- Gonza: Haha! We killed her!
- Lady Eboshi: You forget she is a god. It will take more than that.
- Gonza: She certainly did some damage.
- Lady Eboshi: We'll move out now.
- Gonza: But... What about the men she pushed over the cliff?
- Lady Eboshi: They're dead. Let's get the living home.
- Toki: And you, Gonzo, always struttin' around and throwing your weight about AFTER the danger's over!
- Gonza: [resentfully] That's unfair and untrue!