Private Practice is a spin-off of the popular television show, Grey's Anatomy. Created by Shonda Rhimes, the series chronicles the life of Dr. Addison Montgomery as she leaves Seattle Grace Hospital for Los Angeles in order to join a private practice.
Which We Meet Addison, a Nice Girl From Somewhere Else [1.01]
- Richard: Why is there a letter of resignation on my desk?
- Addison: I told you. I got a job offer.
- Richard: I don't want to hear this again. Working at a private medical co-op, moving to L.A.? This is not my Addison. My Addison is a world-class neonatal surgeon.
- Violet: You'll have Dell.
- Naomi: He's studying to be a midwife.
- Addison: The cute boy who answers the phone?
- Addison: I want to hear you say it out loud.
- Pete: You didn't move down here because I kissed you.
- Addison: [walks away] Thank you.
- Pete: You so moved down here because I kissed you.
- Addison: (to herself) I heard that!
- Violet: Look, I know she has the largest chunk in this practice, but we agreed to equal votes. We are supposed to vote! Sam, you ought to do something!
- Sam: What, me?
- Violet: This divorce is killing us! You need to go apologize.
- Pete: Just say you were wrong for walking out, so we can go back to being a happy family.
- Violet: Yeah!
- Sam: I never... I didn't... I am not apologizing to her. She's the one.... Naomi hires Addison and then moves her in right next door to me. I saw her naked this morning.
- Cooper: You saw her naked?
- Pete: Did she look good naked?
- Violet & Sam: Focus!
- Cooper: (to Addison) Do you think there's something wrong with having sex with a woman who wants you to call her... mama?
- (In the conference room)
- Cooper: We're a team.
- Violet: We're partners, Naomi.
- Sam: You can't just bring somebody in.
- Pete: Without asking us.
- Violet: Yeah.
- Sam: We're a democracy. We vote.
- Pete: We vote.
- Violet: We vote or it doesn't happen.
- Naomi: You're right. We should've voted. I was wrong.
- Violet: Good. Okay, let's vote.
- Addison: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a minute. Uh, I have been working here less than 24 hours, and in that time I discovered that I not welcome here, I learned I am a one-man gynie show, and I performed crazy McGyver surgery, and...Sam saw my booty. So...this has not been a great day for me. This day kind of sucked. But you know what I had one patient...one patient the entire day...and I loved it. So you want me gone? Too bad. I'm in. I'm putting my foot down. My foot's down. It's down. I'm not going anywhere. So...yeah. I thought I...I thought I had a big finish but...I don't. So...I'm done. No, no. I do have a big finish. If I hadn't been here today, if you'd had someone else, that girl would've died delivering her baby. I saved her life. I saved your asses. I'm a world-class neonatal surgeon. And I'm here to stay. Welcome to the new Oceanside Wellness.(Addison leaves)
- Naomi: That's why I didn't tell you she was coming.
In Which Addison Finds the Magic [1.03]
- (Talking about Pete with Naomi and Violet)
- Addison: I don't even know if he's normal. One minute he's hot, the next minute he's arctic; I don't need that kind of damage, no matter how fancy his lips are; here he comes.
- Addison: You know this is a very serious issue. This is a woman who has needs, who has wants, who needs and wants magic in her life. This is not a dirty little joke that you can make your dirty little jokes about, dirty man.
- Pete: You don't know me at all. You think you do, but you don't, so don't call me names.