Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim.Bertrand Russell
- If you are not ready, and did not know what to do, it could hurt you in different ways. It could knock you down, hard, or throw you against a tree or a wall. It is such a big explosion, it can smash in buildings and knock signboards over, and break windows all over town, but if you duck and cover, like Burt [the Turtle], you will be much safer.
- from Duck and Cover (1951), about protecting yourself from an atomic explosion
- Although we must change the ways we protect our country, we must also guard against policies that appear attractive but offer little real protection and may even impede our ability to protect ourselves.
- A man without a vote is man without protection.
- Neither the Army nor the Navy is of any protection, or very little protection, against aerial raids.
- Protection is not a principle but an expedient.
- Who says I am not under the special protection of God?
alway have safe...