Quotes:History of Wikiquote
There is a law that man should love his neighbor as himself. In a few hundred years it should be as natural to mankind as breathing or the upright gait; but if he does not learn it he must perish.Alfred Adler
- June 27, 2003 - Temporary put on the wolof language wikipedia: wo.wikipedia.com
- July 10, 2003 - Own subdomain: quote.wikipedia.org
- August 25, 2003 - Own domain: wikiquote.org
- May 19, 2004 - There were 1000 pages
- July 17, 2004 - New languages added
- November 13, 2004 - English edition reaches 2000 pages
- November, 2004 - 24 languages
- March 24, 2005 - 26 languages
- March 2005 - Wikiquote reaches 10,000 pages in total. English edition has close to 3,000 pages.
- June 2005 - 34 languages including one classic (Latin) and one artificial (Esperanto)
- November 4, 2005 - The English Wikiquote reaches 5,000 pages.
- April, 2006 - French Wikiquote taken down for legal reasons.
- October, 2006 - Wikiquote reaches 50,000 pages in total.
- December, 2006 - French Wikiquote reopens.