Ralf Metzenmacher (26 July 1964) is a German painter and designer. He is a representative and pioneer of Retro-Art, a synthesis between art and product design. Metzenmacher sees his Retro-Art technique as a revitalization of 17th century still life painting and as a further development of Pop art.
- I think Joseph Beuys led to one of the biggest misunderstandings of the 20th century. He opened a door into art for any idiot and now we traipse around believing that we have to bestow our favour on this rubbish, although it has absolutely nothing to say.
- Ralf Metzenmacher's Homepage: FAQ
- I'm a clown with brush and color.
- Nürnberger Nachrichten, August 17, 2007
- About 80 percent of our customers buy our shoes not to compete in, but to wear in their leisure time.
- The New York Times, March 12, 2004