Life is like a box of chocolates: You never know what you're gonna get.Forrest Gump Movie
Quotations are cited from the 1st edition (London: Macmillan, 1917).
- Time, you old gipsy man,
Will you not stay,
Put up your caravan
Just for one day?
- "Time, You Old Gipsy Man", p. 4.
- 'Twould ring the bells of Heaven
The wildest peal for years,
If Parson lost his senses
And people came to theirs,
And he and they together
Knelt down with angry prayers
For tamed and shabby tigers
And dancing dogs and bears,
And wretched, blind, pit ponies,
And little hunted hares.
- "The Bells of Heaven", p. 25.
- Reason has moons, but moons not hers
Lie mirror'd on her sea,
Confounding her astronomers,
But, O! delighting me.
- "Reason Has Moons", p. 64.
- Hodgson, a man of steadfast integrity and strong personality, possessed true distinction.