Life is an uphill business for the guy who's not on the level.John Welsh
Commentary on Genesis
- The flavour of a fish which comes out of the sea at Acre is not similar to the flavour of a fish which comes out of the sea in Spain.
- Commenting on Gen. 1:10; why does it say "seas", not "sea" - because the nature of the sea varies from place to place.
- We learn from here the humility of the Holy One, Blessed is He. Since man is in the likeness of the angels, and they would be jealous of him, for this reason, He consulted them.
- Commenting on Gen. 1:26; why does it say "Let us make man"?
- They were not aware of the way of modesty, to distinguish between good and bad. Even though there had been put in man knowledge to be able to call the animals names, there had not been put in him the drive towards evil.
- Commenting on Gen. 2:25; they were both naked and they were not ashamed.
- Even a blind man realises when he is naked. So why does it say "And they realised that they were naked"? They had one commandment and were now naked of it.
- Commenting on Gen. 3:7
- God knew where he was, but he asked so as to start a conversation with Adam and avoid startling him too much to reply.
- Commenting on Gen. 3:9; why should an omniscient God ask "Where are you?"