Life On The Murder Scene
- Me and Gerard are like twenty-seven, we've gotten past that poi- *accidently put hand in cupcake* look at this, I just put my hand in a cupcake!
- "I was too busy being a complete and utter hermit, in the back."
- "Are you showing your butt?"
- To Frank, during the making of Helena video
- "A man obsessed is what I've become..."
- Bob: "Got a little reading material there, Ray Toro?" *indicates porn magazine on floor*
Ray: "That's not mine!"
- Ray: Well, how would you consider me?
Bob: The quiet genius.
Mikey: Yeah, the mastermind.
Bob: Mastermind...the man with the plan.
Mikey: The man with the plan.
Bob and Mikey: Ray Toro.
- "I think that the music we create together is one of a kind."
- "I've been left at truck stops, and I'd have to call them on my cellphone, you know, it's like, 'Hey what's up?' and they're like, 'Hey how's it going, man?' I'm like, 'You notice something's missing from the van?' And there's a silence, and they'll go, 'Aw shit!'"
- "We fucking live like animals."
- "The song is celebrating someone's life. When someone passes, you should focus on all the good that that person has done, and try not to really think about the fact that they're not gonna be on this earth any longer, that they had an effect on you and your lives, and that's what you should take out."
- About Helena
- Gerard: "We've all gone through some changes cosmetically for the album.
Ray: [Mutters softly] "Yeah, I'm about 10 lbs cosmetically."
Bob: [Loudly] "I've got 25! 'Sup!"
Mikey: "Yeah, I woke up and I saw you, you were like [Pats at face with hands] Whoa!
- "Hey! Don't laugh at me for that cupcake thing. I enjoy cupcakes, therefore EVERYONE should enjoy cupcakes!"
- Ray: "No, I don't want to go to C."
Gerard: "Just tell me why."
Gerard: [impatiently] "Because why?"
Ray: "Because it's--"
Gerard: "Can we do it somewhere else?"
Gerard: "Okay. That's all you had to say."
- Pre-production of "To The End".
- "This band shouldn't work. We're a bunch of wildly different personalities who somehow rub off on each other. You could say we're a cheese-and-tomato fondue of personality!"
- NME interview
- "And we hope that when they hear it, you know, it'll make people get out of their cars and just go live life to the fullest!"
- Talking about Famous Last Words, during the making
- Where can I get an Italian ice cream? We got one in the afternoon. That is what I would ask myself at the moment. I still keep thinking about the ice cream we had before.
- "Don't break the law, kids."
- "Unfortunately, most men would only be interested in a woman's mind if it bounced when she walked."
- "I saw Courtney Love's butt, but then, who hasn't?"
- "It's a slow one. Grab your girl... and then shoot her in the head. *laughs*"
- about Early Sunsets over Monroeville
- There is nothing that can compare to the energy that you get when you are playing at the same level as kids...it's just a wall of energy that is conjures up, and it is this really magical thing that happens. Those were some of the best times in the band's life.
- "I wasn't popular at school. Thank God I didn't have a girlfriend or I would suck at guitar now."
- "We were birth control."
- On himself and Gerard in high school
- "Where would I be without my Red-bull?" (With a can Red-bull on his forehead)
- "Rock music is becoming stale. Let's put the fun back." ('Spin' magazine interview)
- "Fuck off. Seriously, if you like us, that's great, if you don't, more power to you. We're not forcing you to listen to anything we do."
- When asked what he would like to say to the people that call the band sellouts and their fans posers
- "God, I hate my voice! Everyone thinks I'm a female, probably... I am actually a male!"
- From a radio interview with WSOU
- "I tried sticking a piece of Runts candy up my nose...it ended up getting stuck and the nurse had to get it out."
- In the making of I'm Not Okay video
- "Player alert! Beep! Beep!"
- At TRL; Germany)
- "Stop making us having sex with each other in your fanfictions!"
- At a dose.ca interview, about fanfictions
- "I am a huge video game junkie. Anyone who knows me knows that."
- Fuse interview, about comforts of home
- "Frank's thinking of starting a line of picks shaped like shurikens."
- Interview on 987FM, a Singaporean radio station
- Q:If you were going to take a girl out to dinner anywhere, where would you take her?
Ray: "Um, how about a nice picnic dinner, like in the park or something would be nice, you think?"
Frank: That's very Ray Toro.
Interviewer: Now we're gonna put you on-the-spot. Morning or night?
Interviewer: Driver or passenger?
Interviewer: Free Michael or free Martha?
Gerard: Free Michael.
Gerard: Who's Michael?
Mikey: Michael Jackson.
Ray: I guess Michael Jackson.
Gerard: Oh, neither... how about that?
Ray: Oh, dude.
Frankie: Lock ‘em both up.
Interviewer: Misfits or Motorhead?
Interviewer: Romantic night in or wild night out?
Frankie: romantic night in.
Mikey: wild night out.
Gerard: wild night in.
Interviewer: Night of the Living Dead or Hellraiser?
All: Night of the Living Dead.
Interviewer: Cat or dog?
Bob: Cat... shit.
Frankie: (blows raspberry)
Interviewer: New York or LA?
Frankie: New Jersey!
Gerard/Bob/Ray/Mikey: New York.
Interviewer: Organic or chemical?
Gerard: Hell yeah, chemical.
Ray: Nothing tastes good organic.
Frankie: Pears are good organic.
Interviewer: vampires or werewolves?
Ray: Yeah, I like werewolves better actually. I'm gonna go with werewolves.
Frankie: Ugh, traitor!
- AOL on-the-spot questions
- "We're gonna be playing a three minute song for four and a half hours."
- While filming I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
- "You're gonna see for the first time an entire band spontaneously combust."
- While filming I'm Not Okay (I Promise)