No action will be considered blameless, unless the will was so, for by the will the act was dictated.Seneca
(Redirected from Reagan, Nancy)
- Our relationship is very special. We were very much in love and still are. Thank God we found each other. When I say my life began with Ronnie, well, it's true. It did. Forty-six years? Can't imagine life without him.
- On her relation with her husband, Ronald Reagan, as quoted in an interview with Vanity Fair (July 1998), and in Saving The Reagan Presidency : Trust Is The Coin Of The Realm (2005) by David M. Abshire, p. 107
- Variant: Our relationship is very special. We were very much in love and still are. When I say my life began with Ronnie, well, it's true. It did. I can't imagine life without him.
- As quoted in "End of a love story" at BBC (5 June 2004)
- I must say that acting was good training for the political life that lay ahead of us.
- As quoted in Business : The Ultimate Resource (2002) by Daniel P. Goleman
- I don't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs.
- At an anti-drug rally, as quoted in 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said (2004) by Steven D. Price, p. 19
- I am a big believer that you have to nourish any relationship. I am still very much a part of my friends' lives and they are very much a part of my life. A First Lady who does not have this source of strength and comfort can lose perspective and become isolated.
- As quoted in Winning with People : Discover the People Principles That Work for You Every Time (2005) by John C. Maxwell, p. 186
- A woman is like a teabag — only in hot water do you realize how strong she is.
- This is also often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt. If this is correct, the attribution to Mrs. Reagan may have been derived from a quoting of Mrs. Roosevelt.
- Variant: A woman is like a tea bag, you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
- I am a big believer that eventually everything comes back to you. You get back what you give out.
- I believe that people would be alive today if it were not for the death penalty.
- I do not believe in abortion at will. I do not believe that if a woman just wants to have an abortion she should. ... I do believe if you have an abortion you are committing murder.
- I don't talk about political matters. That's not my department.
- I don't think most people associate me with leeches or how to get them off. But I know how to get them off. I'm an expert at it.
- I have been very happy with my homes, but homes really are no more than the people who live in them.
- I think a woman gets more if she acts feminine.
- I was sleeping with the President, and if that doesn't give you special access, I don't know what does!
- Just say no to drugs!
- My life really began when I married my husband.
- Pornography is pornography, what is there to see? Movies are attempting to destroy something that's supposed to be the most beautiful thing a man and a woman can have by making it cheap and common. It's what you don't see that's attractive.
- The movies were custard compared to politics.
- The Sixties, of course, was the worst time in the world to try and bring up a child. They were exposed to all these crazy things going on.
- A lot of what acting is, is paying attention.
- Robert Redford, as quoted in Hollywood's All-Time Greatest Stars : A Quiz Book (2003) by Andrew J. Rausch, p. 216