A pity beyond all telling is hid in the heart of love.William Butler Yeats
Col. Andy Tanner
- The two toughest kids on the block, I guess...Sooner or later they gonna fight. [When asked why World War III started]
- a member of an elite paramilitary group, the eagle scouts. [when talking to the mayor about troublemakers]
- Robert Morris:Wolverines![While firing Machine Gun towards Soviet Soldiers]
- Matt Eckert: Tell me what's the difference between us and them!!?
- Jed Eckert: Because...we live here!
- Col. Andy Tanner: All that hate is gonna burn you up kid.
- Robert Morris: It keeps me warm.
- Matt Eckert: Well, who is on our side?
- Col. Andrew Tanner: Six hundred million screamin' Chinamen.
- Darryl Bates: Well, last I heard, there were a billion screamin' Chinamen.
- Col. Andrew Tanner: There were. [Col. Tanner throws the whiskey into fire, and it violently ignites for a moment, possibly signifying the use of nuclear weapons against China by the Soviets]
- [At an execution]
- Jed Eckert: Do you want blindfolds?
- Stepan Gorsky: This violates the Geneva convention!
- Jed Eckert: I never heard of it!
- Stepan Gorsky: Dogface! I show you how Soviet dies.
- Robert: I've seen it before, pal.