Do you want my one-word secret of happiness—It's growth—mental, financial, you name it.Harold S. Geneen
- Jack: Oh, why don't you button up your lip? You're always squawkin' about something. You've got more static than a radio.
- Dr. Carroll: I'm going to ask you a straightforward question: isn't it true that you have, perhaps unwillingly, acquired a certain habit through association with certain undesirable people?
- Dr. Carroll: ...Failing this, the next tragedy may be that of your daughter's... or your son's... or yours... or yours... (pointing directly at the camera) ...Or yours!
- Mae: What time is it?
- Jack: Time to get up and give this place the goin' over. It looks like the marines have landed.
- Mae: Well, that bunch last night was high enough to take over the marines and the navy!
- Mae: I wish you'd lay off those kids!
- Jack: Why don't you get over that "mother complex"?
- Bill: You know, after that session we had yesterday, I went home and told mother that the trouble with her pot roast gravy was that she hadn't added three heaping teaspoonfuls of olive oil.
- [both laugh]
- Mary: What did she say?
- Bill: She didn't say anything; she just threw me out of the kitchen.
- Mary: Why, no wonder.
- Jimmy: How about driving over to the... Joe's place with me? I'll buy you a soda!
- Bill: I never drink the stuff!
- [Blanche introduces Bill to Mae]
- Blanche: This is Bill Harper. He's okay.
- [Mae travels to other room]
- Mae: There's a new one in today.
- Jack: Yeah - Bill Harper. He's all right.
- [Jimmy finishes a reefer before driving back]
- Jimmy: Let's go, Jack. I'm red-hot!
- Jack: Better be careful how you drive, or the first thing you know you'll be ice cold.
- Bureau Official: Here is an example: A fifteen-year-old lad apprehended in the act of staging a holdup - fifteen years old and a marijuana addict. Here is a most tragic case.
- Dr. Carroll: Yes. I remember. Just a young boy... under the influence of drugs... who killed his entire family with an axe.
- [Jack fixes Mae a drink that is not filled as high as she'd prefer]
- Mae: Hey, what's the matter? Am I an orphan?
- [he pours more into the glass]
- Jack: Where do you put it? You got a hollow leg?
- Blanche: Oh, snap out if it, will ya? It's not our fault. Why did I ever bring him up there anyway? He's just a kid. They can't hang him.
- Ralph: Shut up! SHUT UP!
- [after realizing the box is empty]
- Ralph: Mae? MAE! [Mae enters]
- Mae: What do you want?
- Ralph: Bring me some reefers!
- Ralph: I know what you want. You want to kill ME!
- Jack's hitman: You're crazy. Take it easy, kid. I just wanna talk to ya.
- [Ralph then brutally assaults Jack]
- It's Public Enemy, Number One!
- Women Cry For It - Men Die For It!
- The Sweet "Pill" That Makes Life BITTER!
- Adults Only!
- Drug Crazed Abandon!
- Sin - degradation - vice - insanity!
- SEE youthful marijuana victims - what actually happens!
- Tell your children!
- 65 years later, audiences are still hooked!