Return to Never Land
When you have once seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that a man can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding him; and you are torn by the thought of the unhappiness and night you cast, by the mere fact of living, in the hearts you encounter.Albert Camus
- I didn't know a codfish could talk. Did you, Tinkerbell? [Tinkerbell laughs]
- [to Jane] You're sure not Wendy.
- You're a traitor, Jane! You lied to me! And because you don't believe in fairies, Tink's light is going out!
- Be brave, lads. Don't let 'em see you cry. [the Lost Boys turn around and cry]
- Faith? Trust? Pixie dust? Mother, those are just words from your stories! They don't mean anything!
- Look! It's a war. Peter Pan isn't real and people don't fly!
- Peter Pan, pixie dust... childish nonsense. [cries]
- Duty calls!
- This is ridiculous. I can't fly!
- Don't you see, Hook? You'll never win. Not as long as there's faith, trust, and pixie dust.
- Well, it's a long way home. Give me your best shot, Tink.
- I'll always believe in you, Peter Pan.
- Captain Hook: Mr. Smee, be a good fellow and fix the plank... so I can make you walk it!
- Smee: [to the octopus] Oh, you big brute, you! Off with you. Go on, now. Shoo, shoo. And take your arms with you. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. [the octopus squirts water at him] Hmm! At least the crocodile had manners!
- Cubby: Let's play the "no more hitting Cubby on the head" game.
- Narrator: The story always ends the same. Peter Pan shouts...
- Peter: Goodbye, Wendy!
- Narrator: And then Wendy shouts back to him...
- Young Wendy: I'll always believe in you, Peter Pan!
- Narrator: And Wendy did believe, always, even as she left childhood behind and came to have children of her own.
[Wnedy appears at the window years later with her husband, Danny and Jane]
- Wendy: There it is Jane, Second star to the right and Straight On till Morning
- Jane: Neverland!
- Edward: I need you here to take care of your mom and Danny. Can you do that for me?
- Jane: Mm-hmm.
- Edward: That's my big girl. [kisses Jane]
- Old Man: Evacuation, mum. Your children are scheduled on the morning train.
- Wendy: So soon? I didn't even tell them!
- Old Man: The sooner, the better, if you ask me. Goodnight, mum.
- Jane: It's just a lot of childish nonsense!
- Danny: You're lying! [storms off]
- Wendy: Jane, how could you treat your brother that way? You think you're very grown-up, but you have a great deal to learn.
- Peter: If you're not Wendy, who are you?
- Jane: I'm her daughter, Jane!
- Peter: Huh! Well, if you're Wendy's daughter, you're gonna love it here!
- Captain Hook: Great Scott! No sooner do I rid meself of that cursed crocodile and now this! [hugs Smee]
- Smee: Oh, there, there. He's just a playful little sea urchin is all.
- Captain Hook: I swear, Smee, this is propelling me to delirium! I detest cephalopods!
- Captain Hook: Step softly, you worthless dogs! Set your sights for Peter Pan!
- Smee: Oh, goodness. Haven't we searched the island a thousand times before?
- Captain Hook: I beg your pardon, Mr. Smee?
- Smee: Uh, I said that, uh, searching for Pan is, um, uh, fun galore.
- Captain Hook: So, the girl can't fly, yet she wants to go home. Smee, do you know what this means?
- Smee: Six more weeks of winter?
- Jane: I don't believe in any of this! And I especially don't believe in fairies! [to Tinkerbell] Goodbye!
- Peter: Oh yeah? Well, good riddance!
- Slightly: Ooh. Looks kinda bad.
- Cubby: Kinda bad? Kinda? [starts crying] Oh, it's hopeless! Poor little Tinkerbell!
- Peter: [listening to Tinkerbell] Uh-huh. Uh-huh. What?
- Slightly: What'd she say, Peter?
- Peter: If we don't get Jane to believe in fairies, Tink's light's gonna go out.
- Jane: All right, I give up. What's your problem?
- Captain Hook: All I've ever wanted was to get away from this dreadful place and home to my dear, sweet mother. But blast it all! Peter stole my treasure and my men would mutiny if I so much as tried to leave without it. So here I am, stuck in this absurd place. My sources tell me you wish to return home as well.
- Jane: Huh. You got that right. I guess we're in the same boat.
- Captain Hook: The same boat!
- [the Jolly Roger is sinking with Captain Hook still on board]
- Captain Hook: Help me! Help me!
- Peter: You know the rules, Hook. A good captain always goes down with his ship.
- Captain Hook: I don't wanna be a good captain!
- Jane: [hugging Wendy] You were right! He is most remarkable!
- Wendy: Who, dear?
- Jane: Oh, Mother, I'm so sorry. If only I'd listened to you.
- Peter: Wendy?
- Wendy: Hello, Peter.
- Peter: You changed.
- Wendy: Not really. Not ever.
- Harriet Owen - Jane and Young Wendy Darling
- Blayne Weaver - Peter Pan
- Corey Burton - Captain Hook
- Jeff Bennett - Smee and the Pirates
- Kath Soucie - Wendy Darling
- Andrew McDonough - Danny
- Roger Rees - Edward
- Spencer Breslin - Cubby
- Bradley Pierce - Nibs
- Quinn Beswick - Slightly
- Aaron Spann - The Twins