Rihanna (born Robyn Rihanna Fenty on February 20, 1988) is a young Barbadian singer with musical influences from R&B, pop,reggae and dance. Rihanna made hits such as Pon de replay, SOS, Unfaithful, Break it off and her most recent songs Umbrella and Shut up & Drive.
- If I wasn't a singer, I think I'd be studying to be a psychologist.
- I admire my mother ; she's given me a lot of strength and made me the person I am today.
- I want to have my first child by 25. I want to have five kids.
- I'm a tall girl, I am five nine
- It wasn't that [my management or the label] told me what to do, It was more of what I couldn't do. I couldn't wear red lipstick. I couldn't wear my hair in a ponytail; all kinds of stupid things. Being 'Rihanna' wasn't natural. So I rebelled. I'm doing me. Now, Robyn (Rihanna's first name) and Rihanna are much more similar.
- I own a farm in Barbados. I plan to raise ostriches when I retire.
About her Music and clips
- Jay-z featured on my single was like a dream come true.
- Bad is not sleazy. Bad has its own term to every individual and in my case it just means I’ve gotten a little rebellious on the album, broken out of my shell and I'm taking risks... Michael Jackson "bad" kind of way. (about her Good Girl Gone Bad album)
- I used to listen to a lot of reggae music and when I move to America, I was exposed to different types of music. It made me want to try everything and that's why my songs now are a fusion of so much.
- Dancing was always part of my culture growing up in Barbados! When I shot my 1st video I worked really hard with my choreographer to perfect the routines!
- When I did that Metallic stuff for my Umbrella video, I didn't do it to show my body. I didn't do it for people to like me. I did it because it was a cool visual, unexpected and I looked hot. I just find myself leaning towards stuff that only Madonna can pull off.
- My sound is really a fusion of reggae, hip-hop and R&B, with a little something different thrown in.
- When I purchase an album, I like an album where I don't have to skip any songs. That's the kind of album I tried to make. There's something on there for everyone. That is Robyn Rihanna Fenty.
- I wouldn’t have wanted to date white guys before but they’re killin’ it right now, Justin Timberlake, Orlando Bloom, Paul Walker..Every hot guy I see is white
- I saw just a little bit of Jay's face down the hall and I was just like, 'Oh my God!' I had never met a celebrity, and to meet a celebrity who's also the president of the label, that was crazy!
- I'm not looking to steal Beyoncé's crown. I'm looking to get my own.
- If I hadn't met Evan and Carl I might have just been dreaming forever.
About her style
- I'm terrified of going under the knife. Because of the pain, the complications - not to mention the fact that it's utterly unauthentic. "If my t*ts aren't feeling big one day, too bad. I'll get a good bra. "I like my body and I work out as hard as I can to make it as perfect as possible. But at the end of the day there's always people who criticise your weight, your hairstyle and what you're wearing. I just get on with it."
- I want to give people a taste of the Caribbean, and show them the fun side of me.
- "I'm only 19. My mother would kill me if I did!" (About posing nude)
- I LOVE Toronto. I also really love Japan though. My fans are so supportive and enthusiastic over there. (Answer on the question where Rihanna's favorite places were)
- Eating icecream late at night is so bad, but I love it
- I would sing in the mirror, holding a brush to my mouth like it was a microphone. The neighbors would always be complaining about how loud I was singing.
- We all chose the next single. Me, Jay-Z, Evan and Carl. There was actually a fight because there was so many second singles
- When I was younger I took jazz, but the teacher yelled at me and I never went back, ever again!
- Success for me isn’t a destination it’s a journey. Everybody’s working to get to the top but where is the top? It’s all about working harder and getting better and moving up and up.
- Everytime I come to New York, I get tempted to do something weird, like getting a piercing or a tattoo.
- A lot of people don't get to tell me. They always say I know you're going to do what you want to do, but I'm telling you what my concerns are.
- The audition definitely went well. They (Def Jam) locked me into the office - till 3am. And Jay Z said, ‘There’s only two ways out. Out the door after you sign this deal. Or through this window...’ and we were on the 29th floor. Very flattering.
- You can't even go out with a celebrity and have a good time without people making s**t up. Rihanna rocks