Rita Mae Brown
Welcome, O life! I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.James Joyce
- Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.
- Sudden Death, Bantam Books, New York, 1983, p. 68.
- Normal is the average of deviance.
- Venus Envy, Bantam Books, New York, 1993.
- Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
- Alma Mater, Ballantine Books, New York, 2001, p. 108.
- A woman who will tell her age will tell anything.
- About all you can do is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.
- Art is moral passion married to entertainment. Moral passion without entertainment is propaganda, and entertainment without moral passion is television.
- Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work.
- I became a lesbian because of women, because women are beautiful, strong and compassionate.
- I believe the true function of age is memory. I'm recording as fast as I can.
- I don't want to die. I think death is a greatly overrated experience.
- I think of birth as the search for a larger apartment.
- If you can't raise consciousness, at least raise hell.
- No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love.... The only queer people in the world are those who don’t love anyone.
- Seen on the back of a grocery receipt
- The only queer people are those who don't love anybody.