- "Never take any notice of anonymous letters, unless you get a few thousand on the same subject."
- "In all my life I have treated the press with marked contempt and remarkable success."
- "We took the name 'Liberal' because we were determined to be a progressive party, willing to make experiments, in no sense reactionary but believing in the individual, his rights, and his enterprise, and rejecting the socialist panacea."
- Interjector: "Wotcha gonna do about 'ousing?"
Menzies: "Put an 'h' in front of it."
Interjector: I wouldn't vote for you if you was the Angel Gabriel!
Menzies: If I were the Angel Gabriel, Madam, you would not be in my constituency.
- "“I pay my taxes,” says somebody, as if that were an act of virtue instead of one of compulsion."
- "Never forget posterity when devising a policy. Never think of posterity when making a speech."
- [In reference to the Queen] "When I see her passing by, I will love her 'till I die"