Love is swift, sincere, pious, joyful, generous, strong, patient, faithful, prudent, long-suffering, courageous, and never seeking its own; for wheresoever a person seeketh his own, there he falleth from love.Thomas γ Kempis
Robin Sharma (born 1965) is an author of several internationally published books and an expert on leadership and personality development.
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (1998)
- Every event has a purpose and every setback its lesson. Failure,whether of the personal, professional or even spiritual kind, is essential to personal expansion. It brings inner growth and a whole host of psychic rewards. Never regret your past. Rather,embrace it as the teacher that it is.
- Self-mastery and the consistent care of one's mind, body and soul are essential to finding one's highest self and living the life of one's dreams.
- Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens.
- There are no mistakes in life, only lessons. There is no such thing as a negative experience, only opportunities to grow, learn and advance along the road of self-mastery. From struggle comes strength. Even pain can be a wonderful teacher.
- The mind is a wonderful servant but a terrible master.
- The less you focus on the end result, the quicker it will come; with one eye fixed on the destination, there is only one left to guide you along the journey.
- The secret of happiness is simple: find out what you truly love to do and then direct all of your energy towards doing it. Once you do this, abundance flows into your life and all your desires are filled with ease and grace.
- Most people live within the confines of their comfort zone. The best thing you can do for yourself is regularly move beyond it. This is the way to lasting personal mastery and to realize the true potential of your human endowments.
- There is nothing noble about being superior to some other person. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
- The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
- The real source of happiness can be stated in a word: achievement.
- You will never be able to hit a target that you cannot see.
- Never do anything because you have to. The only reason to do something is because you want to and because you know it is the right thing for you to do.
- Never neglect to see the exquisite beauty in all living things. Stay focused on your purpose. The Universe will take care of everything else.
- The only limits on your life are those that you set yourself.
- Fear is nothing more than a mental monster you have created, a negative stream of consciousness.
- The only way to improve tomorrow is to know what you did wrong today.
- The Universe favors the brave. When you resolve to lift your life to its highest level, the strength of your soul will guide you to a magical place with magnificent treasures.
- Failing to plan is planning to fail.
- Time slips through our hands like grains of sand, never to return again.
- We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.