Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.Fred Propp Jr.
- Well, I wasn't making any progress trying to talk to him.
- When someone asked him why he had just punched someone in the face during an argument.
- Baseball is my life, the only thing I know and can talk about. My only interest.
- People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
- I have never been a yes man.
- I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it.
About Rogers Hornsby
- Son, when you pitch a strike, Mr. Hornsby will let you know.
- Umpire Bill Klem, responding to complaints from a young pitcher who thought that some of his pitches to Hornsby were strikes although Klem had called them as balls (possibly apocryphal).