The vitality of thought is in adventure. Ideas won't keep. Something must be done about them. When the idea is new, its custodians have fervor, live for it, and if need be, die for it.Alfred North Whitehead
Romano Prodi (born 1939) is an Italian politician, leader of the centre-left coalition The Union.
- If you want to improve a country, you first need to know it, to listen to it.
- We don't fill our mouth talking about the "people". We have seriousness and understanding to be people amongst the people.
- To make the right thing, you need also to be able to be unpopular.
- Silvio Berlusconi is going to occupy the televisions, in a while we will see him selling carpets.
- [The right-wing politicians] are so afraid of the "reds" that it's an effort for them even to look at a Ferrari.
- It's better a crisis than a bearish agreement.
- I would never live in Rome.